Access to Learning Award
Given each year by the foundation’s Global Libraries initiative, the Access to Learning Award (ATLA) recognizes the innovative efforts of public libraries or similar organizations outside the United States to connect people to information through free access to computers and the Internet.
The Access to Learning Award (ATLA) honors innovative organizations that are opening a world of online information to people in need. The foundation’s Global Libraries initiative invites applications from libraries and similar organizations outside the United States that have created new ways to offer these key services:
- Free public access to computers and the Internet.
- Public training to assist users in accessing online information that can help improve their lives.
- Technology training for library staff.
- Outreach to underserved communities.
The award recipient will receive $1 Million (US).
How to Apply for the 2011 Award
- Download the application from the link below and save it to your computer.
- Confirm your organization’s eligibility. Please read all the information on the form carefully.
- Complete the application in English and follow all of the provided instructions.
- Submit your completed application online.
Download the 2011 ATLA Application Form (DOC, 70KB, 15 pages)
The 2011 ATLA application form includes a detailed description of eligibility requirements.
- Applications are open to institutions outside the United States that are working with disadvantaged communities.
- To be eligible, the applying institution must allow all members of the public to use computers and the Internet free of charge in a community space.
- Deadline: All applications must be received by September 30, 2010.
- Selection: All applicants will be notified of their award status by July 2011.
- Announcement: The foundation will publicly announce the recipient of the 2011 Access to Learning Award in August 2011.
Visit official website.
- 2011 Gates Millennium Scholars (GMS) Scholarship, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USA
- Gates Vaccine Innovation Award, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USA
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships, University of Cambridge, UK
- Gates FIRST Robotics Competition Scholarships, USA
- Schecter Synyster Gates Guitar Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- Beasiswa S1 ASTRA, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia
- Undergraduate & Graduate Scholarships, Webster University, Thailand
- PhD Positions, UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education, Netherlands
- Undergraduate (S1) Scholarships from Sampoerna Foundation, Indonesia
- Master and Doctoral Research Assistant Scholarships in Computer Sciences, University of Indonesia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.