Ranked 9th in the Times Good University Guide 2010, we are a research intensive university with a growing reputation. Research is at the heart of everything we do. In the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise, all our subjects were assessed as including world-leading (4) research and nearly 90 per cent of our research was rated as being internationally recognised.
This is an exciting time to join the University of Exeter. We had the third biggest rise of all UK universities in our annual government grant for teaching and research (2009/10) and we are undergoing an impressive three-year £270 million investment programme in new buildings, research centres, student residences and campus facilities. What`s more, our recent successes have attracted some truly world-class scholars.
We offer PhD students the opportunity to work in large interdisciplinary Colleges where they benefit from established research infrastructures and networks. A wealth of support for PhD students is available, including our Effective Researcher Development Programme training sessions that provide the skills to successfully complete a PhD and our eProfile system, enabling students to showcase their research profile to the academic community, collaborators, sponsors and employers.
As part of our continued commitment to building research capacity we are offering over 100 funding awards for PhD students for 2010 entry. The awards vary according to the subject area and range from full studentships covering all fees and a maintenance grant for three years, to bursaries worth £7,000 a year for three years. Certain awards are linked to teaching commitments of up to 80 hours per year. The awards are normally offered full-time, however some may be available part-time or by distance learning.
Please follow the links below to identify awards by subject area.
Subjects with funding
- Accounting and Finance
- Arab and Islamic Studies
- Business and Management
- Classics and Ancient History
- Climate Change
- Film Studies
- International Relations
- Mathematical Sciences
- Mining Engineering
- Modern Languages
- Physics and Astrophysics
- Renewable Energy
- Sports Sciences
- Queen Sofia Junior Research Fellowship, Exeter College, University of Oxford, UK
- MSc Conservation and Biodiversity Scholarships, University of Exeter, UK
- International Commercial Law Excellence Scholarships, University of Exeter, UK
- Master Scholarship in Sport and Health Sciences, University of Exeter, UK
- Master Scholarships in Biosciences, University of Exeter, UK
- PhD Studentships in Behaviour, Choices and Markets, University of Aberdeen, UK
- Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Exeter Foundation, UK
- PhD Studentships, Bournemouth University, UK
- PhD Studentship, Imperial College London, UK
- PhD Studentships in Film and Media, Bradford Media School, University of Bradford, UK