Nottingham Trent University is inviting applications for 12 fully-funded PhD studentships, commencing in October 2010. The studentships will pay UK/EU fees and provide a maintenance stipend linked to the RCUK rate (currently £13,290 per annum) for up to three years.
Applications are invited for the following projects within the School of Science and Technology:
- Novel Switching Mechanisms in Multistable Nematic Liquid Crystal Displays
- Dopant migration and aging processing in semiconductor lasers, heterostructures and nanostructures
- Novel therapeutic vectors towards the therapy of uveal melanoma
- Non-equilibrium behaviour in model soft materials
- Antibiotic resistance of Hospital and community acquired E.coli, mechanisms and associated virulence factors
- Liquid Origami: The Physics (and Chemistry) of Droplet Wrapping
- Population genetics to unravel the evolutionary history of the Yersinia enterocolitica complex
- Reduction of carbon footprint through optimum scheduling of power plants
- Stratification of cord blood stem cells
- Role of genetic variation in the alteration of bone metabolism and stress fracture injury
A first class or upper second class U.K. BSc (Hons) degree (or equivalent) or Masters degree in a relevant field.
The studentships will pay UK/EU fees and provide a maintenance stipend linked to the RCUK rate (currently £13,290 per annum) for up to three years. Applications from overseas students are welcome, but a successful candidate would be responsible for paying the international fees. (Fees for 2009/10 are £10,200 for international students).
Applications can be accepted from UK/EU and also International students. The minimum English language proficiency requirement for candidates who have not undertaken a higher degree at a UK HE institution is IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL 560/iBT 83.
For further details about the studentships, please see www.ntu.ac.uk/research/research_degrees/studentships/index.html
For an application form, please email: sat.research[at]ntu.ac.uk or telephone: +44 (0)115 848 3269 Please return completed application forms, with copies of academic certificates, to:
The Research Graduate Studies Office (Science)
Erasmus Darwin Building
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham NG11 8N
The closing date for receipt of completed application forms is Monday 15 February 2010.
- School of Arts and Humanities Global Scholarship, Nottingham Trent University, UK
- MBA Scholarships, Nottingham Trent University, UK
- Executive MBA Scholarships, Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Trent University, UK
- Master Scholarships, Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Trent University, UK
- PhD Studentship in Medical / Clinical Devices, Nottingham Trent University, UK
- Full-Time PhD Scholarship, Nottingham Trent University, UK
- MA / MSc Scholarships, Nottingham University Business School, UK
- Psychology Scholarships, Nottingham Trent University, UK
- MSc in Drug Discovery & Pharmaceutical Sciences Scholarship, University of Nottingham, UK
- MBA Scholarships, Nottingham University Business School, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.