Northumbria University, through its Corporate Strategy, seeks to establish a position among the best of a new type of excellent university – strong in the fundamental activities of teaching and research and in using these activities to make a real difference to people, enterprises and communities.
Studentships are available across the full range of disciplines offered by Northumbria University. The studentships offered include a range of funding and support including fees, an annual stipend, and travel and consumables. For further details of our research areas and latest vacancies, check the links for opportunities in each School below. You can also register your interest for future vacancies.
- School of Applied Sciences
- School of Arts & Social Sciences
- School of the Built Environment
- School of Computing, Engineering and Information Sciences
- School of Design
- School of Health, Community & Education Studies
- School of Psychology & Sport Sciences
- Newcastle Business School
Vacancy details will be added as they become available. You can also register your interest for future vacancies.
Applicants should hold a first or upper second class honours degree (in a relevant subject) from a British higher education institution, or equivalent. Students who are not UK/EU residents are eligible to apply, provided they hold the relevant academic qualifications (together with an IELTS score of at least 6.5).
How to Apply
You should apply using the University’s Research Studentship Application Form, unless otherwise advised in the project details. Before applying you may make enquiries to the appropriate School Research Administrator via the project details pages below.
- PhD Studentships in Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS), Oxford Brookes University, UK
- PhD Studentship, Imperial College London, UK
- University Doctoral Studentships, City University London, UK
- PhD Studentships, Bournemouth University, UK
- PhD Studentships in Behaviour, Choices and Markets, University of Aberdeen, UK
- Postgraduate Studentships, Centre for the Advanced Study of the Arab World, University of Edinburgh, UK
- PhD Studentships in Media Studies, University of Sunderland, UK
- PhD Studentships in Film and Media, Bradford Media School, University of Bradford, UK
- Medical Research Council PhD Studentships, Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge, UK
- MA Studentships, School of Journalism, Media and Communication, University of Central Lancashire, UK