The Office of Academic Exchange Programs in the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U. S. Department of State, is pleased to announce a new exchange program for undergraduate students-the 2011 Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD)
The Global UGRAD Program provides scholarships for one semester or one academic year of U.S. Study in a NON-DEGREE Program. The goals of the program are to provide a diverse group of emerging student leaders, from non-elite and underrepresented groups in Indonesia and East Asia.
All global UGRAD Program participants will be enrolled full-time in undergraduate course work chosen from the institution’s (US) existing curriculum to allow students ample opportunity for ongoing interaction with U.S. Faculty and student peers, and for exposure to U.S. academic and classroom culture..
To ensure that students succeed in their new academic environments, host institutions will offer tailored instruction on topics including academic research and writing, critical thinking, time management, note taking, and studying for and taking tests. Participants will live on campus with American peers.
Students will also be provided with opportunities to participate in up to ten hours of community service per semester. Additionally, an internship component will be offered to all academic-year participants during the academic component of the program. Internships will be related to each participant’s field of study and/or career plans.
Participants may be eligible for up to 4 weeks of intensive English Language instruction in the United States prior to the start of academic portion of their program.
- Scholarships will be granted to students who currently are enrolled in S-1 degree programs only, and have completed their first semester and up to their firth semester of undergraduate study at an Indonesian university.
- Applicants should demonstrate leadership potential through academic work, community involvement, and extracurricular activities.
- Applicants must have minimum institutional TOEFL score of 500-score or IELTS 5.0 less than two years old. In some cases a personal interview by a fluent qualified Native English Speaker who can confirm that the nominee would be able to achieve that score when tested is acceptable. Candidates must also meet all the requirements of the institution where admission is being sought.
- Preference will be given to those who have had little or NO experience in the U.S. or outside of their home countries.
- Applications can be for either for one semester or two semesters based on nominee’s availability. No applications should be submitted for both one semester and full year programs.
- Applicants are required to return to Indonesia after the completion of the one or two semester program.
Submission of Applications
An original application and two copies should be submitted to the address below by: November 1, 2010
American Indonesian Exchange Foundation (AMINEF)
Gedung Balai Pustaka Lt. 6
Jl. Gunung Sahari Raya No. 4, Jakarta 10720
Tel. 021- 3452016
Applications are available at the AMINEF offices or can also be downloaded from AMINEF website at www.aminef.or.id
For additional information, contact infofulbright_ind[at]aminef.or.id.
We do not accept email applications. Hard copies must be sent or delivered to American Indonesian Exchange Foundation.
To download form click here
- 2012 - 2013 Global Undergraduate Exchange Program Global UGRAD, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
- Global Undergraduate Exchange Program, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
- International Education Week by Education USA AMINEF & Fulbright, Indonesia
- Fulbright International Science & Technology Award, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
- Business Exchange Scholarship, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
- Chuo University Student Exchange Program, Japan
- Fulbright Doctoral Dissertation Research Program, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
- Fulbright Freeport Master Grants, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
- Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA), American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
- Presentasi Program Beasiswa AMINEF, Universitas Padjadjaran, Indonesia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.