Ultrafast Optical Spectroscopy (or Femtosecond laser spectroscopy) is a powerful technique for obtaining information on the carrier and quasi-particle dynamics in material systems on ultrashort time scales. This is an emerging field that is full of challenges and new opportunities. Detailed knowledge of such ultrafast dynamics is essential for the development of novel materials for electronics and optoelectronics applications. We welcome applications for a Summer Research Internship at our group – xC-laboratory. Below is the project description:
Ultrafast Spectroscopy of Novel Plasmonic/Organic photovoltaic cells
In this project, we investigate the charge carrier dynamics in the novel plasmonic/organic photovoltaic cells (e.g. Au Nanowire/P3HT-PCBM organic photovoltaic (OPV) devices) using ultrafast spectroscopy (e.g. Transient Photoluminescence, Transient Absorption etc). Research based on these novel systems can provide a better understanding of the basic physics governing energy and charge transfer between the organic and Au nanowire systems that could possibly lead to enhanced power conversion efficiencies in light harvesting devices.
About the Program
The Summer Research Internship (SRI) Programme at Nanyang Technological University is a university wide Research Programme initiated to stimulate a culture of research for the overseas undergraduates. Participants for this programme will develop research interest, strong sense of cross-cultural intelligence, gain a network of friends and a better understanding of our nation. Eligible overseas undergraduate students will be given an allowance, and are expected to fulfill a 8-week research attachment comprising project work at NTU, and presentation of their research project at a closing ceremony. All participants will receive a certificate issued by NTU upon completion of the programme. An attractive SRI grant covering Tuition fees and a one-off allowance amounting up to SGD $3,000 (which will help to cover hostel fees) will be awarded to the successful applicant.
More details of the eligibility and application procedures can be found here:
Application Dateline: 31 Dec 2010
Please feel free to contact me (tzechien[at]ntu.edu.sg) if you require more information or advice on the application procedures, cost of living in Singapore etc.
- PhD Scholarships, Ultrafast Optical Spectroscopy, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- PhD Scholarships in Membrane Science, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
- Singapore MIT Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship, NTU NUS Singapore
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Research in Medical Engineering, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- PhD Studentship, Equatorial Waves and Intra-seasonal Oscillations, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Postdoctoral Position in Optical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard University, USA
- Graduate Fellowships and Postdoctoral Positions in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Singapore
- Nanyang Fellows MBA Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- PhD Scholarships in Environmental Engineering, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
- Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarships (NPGS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.