Applicants must hold a Master`s degree in political science or other disciplines relevant to the program. Degrees should be received by October 2010. Excellent command of the English language is essential since the working language of the program is English. Above all, interested candidates will have to demonstrate that they are willing and able to embark upon a PhD project on a topic related to the theme of the program.
The program starts on 1 October 2010. Successful candidates will have access to fully-equipped office space at the institute and enjoy the full range of IHS support services. We offer 8 fellowships of 850 Euro per month (tax-free), but participation in the program is also possible for a limited number of additional students with alternative sources of funding.
Interested candidates should complete the application form and email it, together with a letter of motivation (1-2 pages), a current curriculum vitae, a dissertation outline (6-10 pages), and scans of relevant academic certificates (BA, MA, MSc, Diploma etc.), to the Department`s administrative manager Elisabet Torggler (office.pol[at]ihs.ac.at). We accept Microsoft Word and PDF documents.
The closing date is 31 May 2010. Interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place in mid-June 2010.
Visit official website.
- PhD Scholarships in Informatics, Vienna PhD School of Informatics, Austria
- International PhD in Biomolecular Technology of Proteins, University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, Austria
- Doctoral Positions, Department of Digital Architecture and Planning, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- PhD Studentships in Quantitative Methods / Logistics, University of Vienna, Austria
- PhD Student in Mathematical Finance / Financial Risk Modelling, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- UNESCO / Poland Co-Sponsored Fellowships Programme (Political Science - 2010)
- Postdoctoral on Protein Refolding, Austrian Centre of Industrial Biotechnology, Austria
- Career Development Fellow in Media and Democracy, University of Oxford, UK
- PhD Scholarships in Finance at Vienna Graduate School of Finance, Austria
- PhD in Computational Mathematics, Johannes Kepler University, Austria