La Trobe’s Academic Excellence Scholarships (AES) are targeted towards high achieving international students from all countries across all of La Trobe’s undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs.
Who is eligible?
- citizens of countries other than Australia or New Zealand
- commencing international students wanting to undertake undergraduate and postgraduate coursework, full degrees at La Trobe in 2014
- applicants who scored a minimum of 85 per cent or equivalent in their previous degree/award
- students who meet or will meet the University’s academic and English entry requirements at the commencement date of their course (and have received an offer at the time of applying for this scholarship).
Note: applicants need to meet all the criteria above.
Who is not eligible?
- international students wanting to undertake Higher Degree Research, Exchange, Study Abroad, ELICOS and Foundation Studies and Diploma courses
- students with scores lower than 85 per cent or equivalent in their previous degrees/award
- students who have already received the AES scholarship
- continuing La Trobe University students.
How to apply
Applicants are required to have an offer to study in a degree program commencing in 2014 at La Trobe University at the time of applying for this scholarship.
Applicants must complete a scholarship application form (PDF 76kb) and submit it to La Trobe International via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline.
Application deadline for Semester 1, 2014
- AES round one closing date – Friday 6 December 2013
- AES round two closing date – Friday 24 January 2014
The scholarships are non-renewable tuition fee awards of A$10 000-$20 000 paid across a maximum period of two semesters (or twelve months). Recipients of the scholarship would be required to pay for any difference in fees for their first two semesters, fees for the remainder of their course and also Overseas Student Health Cover. These scholarships are not renewable and do not cover living costs.
Continuation of the scholarship into a second semester (where relevant) is subject to satisfactory progress and continued enrolment in the program of study for which the scholarship was awarded. Maintaining a C grade average is required, and satisfactory progress will be monitored.
For information on other scholarships see latrobe.edu.au/scholarships
- La Trobe Business School MBA Scholarship, La Trobe University, Australia
- La Trobe Business School Master of Management Scholarship, La Trobe University, Australia
- La Trobe University Postgraduate Research Scholarships (LTUPRS), Australia
- La Trobe Business School Masters by Coursework Scholarship, La Trobe University, Australia
- Master Scholarships, Graduate School of Management, La Trobe University, Australia
- International Postgraduate Research Scheme (IPRS), La Trobe University, Australia
- Postgraduate Scholarships for South East Asia, La Trobe University, Australia
- Student Exchange Scholarships, La Trobe University, Australia
- Master of Financial Analysis Scholarships, La Trobe University, Australia
- Civil Engineering Undergraduate Scholarships, La Trobe University, Australia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.