Purpose: To support a professional nurse who has demonstrated innovation in responding to challenges in practice, that has made a difference for the patient/family, institution and/or fellow healthcare professionals.
Applicant: Applicants may apply on their own or be nominated for this scholarship by an ONS Chapter or Special Interest Group (SIG). Each chapter and SIG may nominate one nurse for this award.
Scholarship : Recipients of this scholarship will receive an educational grant for a maximum of $1,200 to apply toward the ONS Oncology Advanced Practice Nurse Conference registration, travel to and from the conference and per diem conference expenses.* The conference registration fee will be automatically deducted from grant prior to payment.
Individual livings or working within a 50 mile radius of the conference location are eligible to receive the conference registration fee only which will be paid directly to ONS.
*Expenses not covered include gifts, entertainment and dry cleaning/laundry.
- The applicant must be a registered nurse involved in cancer nursing.
- The applicant must have demonstrated innovativeness in responding to challenges in practice.
- The applicant can be nominated by an ONS Chapter or a Special Interest Group or be self-nominated. One nominee per Chapter and SIG only.
- A biographical data sheet and a written description of the nurse’s response to challenges in practice must be completed and submitted with the application. The description must not exceed 350 words and must not have been previously submitted to the ONS Foundation for another award and funded. Word count must be inserted after the essay.
- The nominee must be able to attend ONS Conference, specific for the award, in its entirety.
- If the applicant is a faculty member (speaker or poster presenter) for ONS APN Conference, the scholarship may not be applied to the conference registration. Faculty members living or working within a 50 mile radius of the conference are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Individuals that received a 2008 Congress Scholarship from the ONS Foundation are not eligible to receive this award in 2008.
- An individual cannot receive this award more than one time, per scholarship.
Application deadline: September 1, 2010
Note: We are in the process of moving to an online submission process which is currently being developed. If you are planning on submitting an application, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you notification as soon as the application information is available.
- Merit Scholarship, School of Nursing & Midwifery, Robert Gordon University, UK
- Bachelor of Nursing Scholarship, University of Glasgow, UK
- The McKesson Foundation Healthcare Scholarships, USA
- Carl Duisberg Scholarships, Bayer Foundations, Germany
- BSc Professional Nursing Studies Scholarships, Swansea University, UK
- Aged Care Nursing Postgraduate Scholarships, Royal College of Nursing, Australia
- Vera R Campbell Foundation Fellowship for Women, School for Advanced Research, USA
- The Michigan Society of Fellows 2010, University of Michigan, USA
- Travel Grant for Starting Scholars from Overseas, Japan Sociological Society
- GESA Postgraduate Medical Research Scholarship, Australia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.