Aged Care Nursing Scholarships: Postgraduate is an Australian Government initiative supporting registered nurses who work within the aged care sector to undertake postgraduate studies at an Australian tertiary institute. Under this scheme there are places set aside for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
Aged Care Nursing Scholarships: Postgraduate are now open and will close on 27 April 2011, at 5pm AEST.
Please note late applications will not be accepted.
Value of a scholarship
Scholarships are available for postgraduate study such as certificates, diplomas, masters or honours level studies.
The scheme provides financial assistance in the form of a scholarship worth up to a total of $15,000 per year for two years full time study or $7,500 per year for up to four years part time study.
Funding will not be available for courses studied outside Australia. These scholarships are not bonded.
To be eligible to apply for a scholarship applicants must be:
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- a registered nurse with a current practicing certificate
- be directly employed in and by an Australian Government funded approved provider of a residential aged care service, community aged care service, multipurpose service or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander flexible service
- delivering some direct care
- intending to undertake postgraduate studies relating to the care of older people including but not limited to: clinical gerontology, behavioural management, dementia care, wound care, continence care, palliative care and infection control. Leadership and management courses are also considered eligible.
Applicants who have commenced study prior to the opening of the current round will be considered; however, successful applicants will only receive funding for study undertaken from 2011.
Please note applicants already undertaking training in a course funded under the “Supporting a Professional Age Care Workforce” program and/or other Australian Government programs are ineligible.
Need more information?
For clarification of your eligibility under this scheme please contact RCNA:
p: 1800 116 696
- Click here for information on how these scholarship payments may affect Centrelink payment
- Click here for more information on re-registration requirements
- Click here for more information on the taxation implications
- Click here for more information on further professional development and registration requirements
- Bachelor of Nursing Scholarship, University of Glasgow, UK
- BSc Professional Nursing Studies Scholarships, Swansea University, UK
- Merit Scholarship, School of Nursing & Midwifery, Robert Gordon University, UK
- The McKesson Foundation Healthcare Scholarships, USA
- Excellence in Nursing Scholarships, Griffith University, Australia
- John Henry Brookes Master Scholarships, Oxford Brookes University, UK
- Dr John Woolcott Undergraduate Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- PhD Studentship in Children’s Critical Care, Liverpool John Moores University, UK
- International Students Scholarships, Royal Veterinary College (RVC), University of London, UK
- Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Queensland, Australia