We are delighted to be offering one Al-Habeeb Scholarship for £5,000 for the full-time MA in Multimedia Journalism, in the Faculty of Humanities, Languages and Social Science at Manchester Metropolitan University, for September 2013 entry.
The purpose of the Al-Habeeb Scholarship is to encourage student recipients to champion and promote the issues facing Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) communities in the United Kingdom through journalism and writing.
The Scholarship was established in 2013 thanks to the generosity of University graduate Mr Mohammad Habeebullah OBE JP.
About the MA Multimedia Journalism (full-time)
Graduates of all disciplines are equipped with knowledge and skills in journalism through intensive practical training and tuition. Designed to meet the requirements of the Broadcast Journalism Training Council, the course is taught by dedicated staff with media and industry experience, and strong professional connections. You will benefit from a mandatory placement providing key networking opportunities which will also enhance your employability. http://www2.mmu.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught/2013/10254/
- Candidates must apply to, and receive an offer of a place on, the full-time MA Multimedia Journalism degree for 2013 entry before applying for the Scholarship.
- Candidates must demonstrate their interest in championing and advocating BME community issues through volunteering, employment, academic study and/or in writing.
- The Scholarship is available to candidates for the full-time MA in Multimedia Journalism programme only.
- The Scholarship is available to self-funded candidates only.
- The Scholarship is available to candidates of any nationality from the UK, EU and overseas.
- The Al-Habeeb Scholarship may not be added to other University bursaries or scholarships, such as the family or Vice Chancellor’s scholarships.
- MSc Scholarships, Manchester Metropolitan University, UK
- Vice-Chancellor Scholarships, Manchester Metropolitan University, UK
- Reham al-Farra International Scholarship in Journalism, Bournemouth University, UK
- International Excellence Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Manchester, UK
- University of Manchester Research Impact (Alumni) Studentships, UK
- MSc Medical Mycology Scholarships, University of Manchester, UK
- Master of Science Bursary, University of Manchester, UK
- Master Bursaries, School of Environment and Development, University of Manchester, UK
- Master Scholarships in Journalism, Cardiff University, UK
- Sheikh Kamal Adham Fellowships, The American University in Cairo, Egypt
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.