Conditions for application
- The scholarships are available for applicants to both M1 (first year of two-year Masters degree) and M2 (second year) programmes.
- There is a maximum age limit of 26 at the closing date for application (candidates in 2012 must have been born on or after 6th February 1987).
- The scholarships are open to non-French nationals
- Previous qualifications:
- Candidates for admission to the first year of the Masters programme (M1) must hold or be about to obtain a Licence degree (equivalent to 180 European ECTS credits), or a qualification of an equivalent level recognized by the ENS de Lyon.
- Candidates for admission to the second year of the Masters programme (M2) must have or be about to have successfully carried out studies to Master 1 level (equivalent to 240 European ECTS credits), or hold or be about to obtain a qualification of an equivalent level recognized by the ENS de Lyon (example: MPhil).
- Type of enrollment: Full-time. Students selected for the M2 level will not be eligible for periods of study or internships abroad during their time at the ENS de Lyon.
- Financial support: a payment of 1,000 Euros per month for twelve months. Can not be combined with any other scholarship.
Duration of the scholarships:
- M2: twelve months;
- M1: twelve months, renewable for a further twelve months at M2 level provided the student fulfills the necessary academic criteria.
Number of scholarships:
- 10 in the sciences;
- 10 in the arts, humanities and social sciences.
Candidates in the arts, humanities and social sciences:
Sufficient competence in French to be able to successfully undertake the course being applied for. The C1 level is recommended. Candidates must provide a certificate of Proficiency in French, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL): for example DALF.
Candidates in the sciences:
Sufficient competence in French and/or English to be able to successfully undertake the course being applied for. Candidates must provide a certificate of Proficiency in French: for example DALF, DELF, TCF and in English: IELTS test or TOEFL test.
Deadline of receipt for applications: 4th February 2013
The completed forms and the required documents should be returned to (paper applications alone will be accepted)
École normale supérieure de Lyon
Service mobilité internationale - Bourses Ampère
15 parvis René Descartes - BP 7000 69342 Lyon Cedex 07 - FRANCE
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Results : Mid-April 2013
The results will only be posted on the website.
If your application is accepted, you will receive a letter of pre-enrollment and instructions for your enrollment.
Tél : +33 4 37 37 66 82
Fax : +33 4 37 37 63 60
- Master Scholarships for International Students, University of Lyon, France
- Master Scholarships in Mathematics, Jacques Hadamard Mathematics Foundation, France
- Master Scholarships of the “Mathematics for Life Sciences” (Master2 MathSV), France
- Undergraduate Scholarship in Arts and History, Kenza Foundation, France
- Master Scholarships in Complex Systems Science, Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) Fellowships 2011 - 2012, France
- Excellence Scholarships for International Students, ESSEC Business School, France
- Master and Doctorate Scholarship in Various Program, BGF Scholarship, France
- Master2 Scholarships in Mathematical Optimization, France
- Erasmus Mundus Master Scholarships in Data Mining and Knowledge Management (EM-DMKM), Europe
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.