A number of ANU PhD Scholarships which provide a stipend are funded by Colleges. It is normal for recipients to undertake study on a full-time basis. However, in accordance with strict criteria, the scholarship can be awarded for part-time study. International scholars must undertake study on a full-time basis.
Field of study
A$24,653 (2013 rate) per annum tax free, in fortnightly payments
Travel to Canberra from within Australia, reimbursement of some removal expenses, thesis reimbursement allowance.
Three years full-time, with a possible six-month extension
PhD, Professional Doctorate by Research
Bachelors degree with at least upper second-class honours, or a Masters degree with a research component or equivalent. first-class honours, or a research Masters degree from a recognised university; Australian and and New Zealand Citizens; Permanent Resident of Australia; International student. Applicants must have submitted an Application for Admission to the ANU.
Apply online for admission and scholarship (recommended).
Applications for international students are normally due by 31 August, and applications for Australian / New Zealand citizens and permanent residents of Australia are normally due by 31 October. However, Colleges may consider applications at any other time of the year.
T +61 2 6125 8124
F +61 2 6125 7535
Applicants are also strongly encouraged to make contact with the relevant Graduate Studies Convener or a prospective supervisor, prior to lodging an application, to discuss the proposed research topic and related matters.
- Astronomy & Astrophysics Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia
- ANU University Research Scholarship, Australian National University, Australia
- French Embassy Cotutelle Travel Grant, France - Australia
- ANU International Undergraduate Scholarship, Australian National University, Australia
- ANU Tuition Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia
- Master and Doctoral Scholarships for Indonesian Students by Australian Development Scholarships
- Doctoral Scholarships in European Studies, Australian National University
- Women’s Services Guild PhD Top-up Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- PhD Scholarships in Indonesian Economics, The Australian National University, Australia
- ANU College of Arts & Social Sciences Honours Scholarship, Australian National University, Australia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.