Field of study
A$23,728 (2012 rate) per annum tax free, in fortnightly payments
A scholar who is resident elsewhere in Australia or who is permanently residing outside Australia at the time of application, is eligible to receive the following contributions towards the costs of moving to Canberra to take up the Scholarship:
- Travel expenses up to a maximum amount equivalent to the one way economy class or student fare by the cheapest and most direct course on a scheduled route for the scholar, spouse and/or dependent children, on production of original tax invoice/receipts.
- A grant towards the costs of removal of belongings to Canberra, of up to $530 per adult, and $262 per child with a maximum of $1,530 per family on production of original tax invoice/receipts.
Three years full-time, with a possible six-month extension
PhD, Professional Doctorate by Research
Bachelors degree with first-class honours, or a research Masters degree from a recognised university; Australian and and New Zealand Citizen; Permanent Residents of Australia; International students. Applicants must have submitted an Application for Admission to the ANU.
No application process is required other than an Application for Admission.
31 August (International Students) or 31 October (Domestic Students)
T +61 2 6125 8124
F +61 2 6125 7535
Applicants are also strongly encouraged to make contact with the relevant Graduate Studies Convener or a prospective supervisor, prior to lodging an application, to discuss the proposed research topic and related matters.
- Astronomy & Astrophysics Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia
- ANU PhD Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia
- ANU Tuition Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia
- French Embassy Cotutelle Travel Grant, France - Australia
- Doctoral Scholarships in European Studies, Australian National University
- Women’s Services Guild PhD Top-up Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- PhD Scholarships in Indonesian Economics, The Australian National University, Australia
- Master and Doctoral Scholarships for Indonesian Students by Australian Development Scholarships
- Endeavour Awards from Australian Government
- ANU International Undergraduate Scholarship, Australian National University, Australia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.