The School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering are investigating the issues associated with soft tissue characterization and modelling for surgery simulation and robotic-assisted minimally invasive surgery. This research project is funded by the ARC Discovery program.
Value and duration
The scholarship is valued at $25,000 per annum for 3 years.
Number of scholarships available
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Australian permanent resident or an international student
- have a high level honours degree in aerospace, mechanical/manufacturing/materials engineering, computational engineering, mathematics, computer science, biomechanics or related science discipline and equivalent industrial experience
- have excellent written and communication skills
- be able to commence full time in semester 1 2013
- enrol in a postgraduate research (PhD) degree within the School of Aerospace, Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering at RMIT.
How to apply
Please send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application should include a cover letter highlighting any relevant experience and your interest in pursuing a PhD, an up to date resume and transcript of your results.
30 November 2012
Dr Yongmin Zhong
Tel. +61 3 9925 6018
- Foundation Studies Scholarships, RMIT University, Australia
- Master of Biotechnology by Coursework Scholarship, RMIT University, Australia
- Vice-Chancellor’s Senior Research Fellows, RMIT University, Australia
- PhD Student, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Ghent University, Belgium
- Women in Engineering Scholarship, RMIT University, Australia
- International PhD Scholarship in Computer Science, RMIT University, Australia
- Boeing Scholarships, RMIT University, Australia
- PhD Scholarships in Computer Science and IT, RMIT University, Australia
- 3 PhD Positions, Minimally Invasive Robotics in An MRI Environment (MIRIAM), University of Twente, Netherlands
- Boeing Achievement Awards (TAFE), RMIT University, Australia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.