The Indonesian Scholarship and Research Support Foundation (ISRSF) invites talented young Indonesian graduates holding an S1 or S2 degree to apply for the 2014 Arryman Fellows award. This award is an innovative “1+6” educational scholarship leading to the doctoral degree.
During the first year, Arryman Fellows are funded to be in residence at Northwestern University in Chicago (USA) as pre-doctoral researchers. Fellows take graduate classes for credit in their chosen field of study, receive advanced English language training, and write a major research paper. ISRSF seeks applicants in the fields of political science, history, law, journalism and communications, anthropology, sociology, or economic development studies.
Arryman Fellows who are successfully admitted during their first year to a Northwestern Ph.D. program are eligible to become Arryman Scholars. This six-year award covers the second phase of the “1+6” design. Arryman Scholars receive full tuition, a stipend for living expenses, travel and research support, as well as other funding to advance their scholarly development.
After obtaining their doctorate degrees, all Arryman Scholars are required to serve as academic staffs or researchers at the School for Public Policy and Social Sciences, which is currently being prepared by Rajawali Foundation, Harvard Kennedy School, Northwestern University and Australian National University.
Eligibility requirements to apply for an Arryman Fellow award:
- Indonesian citizens preferably 35 years or younger.
- College or university graduates with a strong record of performance in their S1 or S2 degree program.
- A deep commitment to becoming a world-class scholar devoted to an academic career of teaching, research, and publication.
- A minimum iBT TOEFL score of 70 (test date no earlier than June 1, 2012).
If you are interested in applying to become an Arryman Fellow, please complete the online application at www.ISRSF.org. The deadline for ISRSF to receive your application (including letters of reference) is December 31, 2013.
The Arryman educational awards are made possible thanks to the generous financial support of these benefactors : PT Adaro Energy, PT Bank Central Asia, PT Djarum, The Ford Foundation, The William Soeryadjaja Foundation, and The Rajawali Foundation.
ISRSF does not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, gender, religion, political affiliation, personal differences, or minority status of any kind. The Foundation seeks talented Indonesians from all parts of the country, and we especially encourage women to apply for the Arryman program.
Indonesian Scholarship and Research Support Foundation
Menara Rajawali Lt.6
Jl. Mega Kuningan Lot 5.1 Jakarta 12950
Tlp: 021 5761839
For more information, please visit official website: isrsf.org.
- Research Fellowships, Harvard Kennedy School Indonesia, USA
- Undergraduate (S1) Scholarships from Sampoerna Foundation, Indonesia
- Sumitro Fellowship Program, USA - Indonesia
- The Michigan Society of Fellows 2010, University of Michigan, USA
- Fulbright Senior Research Program, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
- Weinstein International Fellowship, JAMS Foundation, USA
- Master / Doctoral Fellowships, Hydro Research Foundation, USA
- Lilly Graduate Fellows Program, USA
- Undergraduate Scholarship in Science and Non Science, Astro - Sampoerna Foundation, Indonesia
- Doctoral & Postdoctoral Fellowship, Korea Foundation
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.