The ASEAN Foundation (AF) and NUS have entered into a new agreement to develop high quality human resources within ASEAN member countries through the ASEAN Foundation Research Scholarship.
The ASEAN Foundation, an initiative of the Leaders of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), was established on 15 December 1997 to help bring about shared prosperity and a sustainable future for the peoples of all ASEAN countries. It has been mandated to promote greater awareness of ASEAN and greater interaction among its peoples and their increased participation in ASEAN activities as well as to undertake development cooperation activities that enhance mutual assistance, address equitable economic development and reduce poverty. This scholarship programme is part of the ASEAN Foundation Scholarships for Postgraduate Studies and funded through the Japan-ASEAN Solidarity Fund.
Two scholarship slots are available for ASEAN nationals (except Singapore citizens and permanent residents) who wish to pursue a Masters Degree by research in NUS. Selection of successful applicants will be based on merit.
These scholarships are open to bonafide nationals of an ASEAN country (except Singapore citizens and permanent residents) and tenable in the following faculties:
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- School of Design and Environment (Real Estate & Building courses)
- Faculty of Law
- Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
To qualify, applicants must:
- Hold a good bachelors degree or its equivalent and possess a strong academic record;
- Satisfy other admission requirements as specified by the faculty/school they apply to;
- Submit a valid Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) result as evidence of their proficiency in the English language (for applicants whose native tongue or medium of university instruction is not English).
- Agree to return and/or serve for at least 2 years in any ASEAN countries after completion of their studies.
b) Field of Studies
- Developmental Studies
- Information and Communication Technology
c) Award Amount
- A monthly stipend of S$2,000;
- Tuition, examination fees and other approved fees at NUS;
- A one-off air travel allowance of one single trip ticket from home country to Singapore upon award of the scholarship;
- A one-off book allowance of up to S$200;
- Accommodation subsidy of Singapore Dollars (S$3,000) per year;
- Graduation gown rental fees;
- A one-off air travel allowance of one single trip ticket from Singapore to home country upon successful completion of the course leading to the award of the degree.
Please read the full terms and conditions.
d) Award Period
The award is tenable for a maximum of 2 years, subject to an annual review of the scholar’s satisfactory progress.
e) Application Procedure
Applicants should indicate their interest in the Scholarship via the NUS Graduate Research Programme Application System.
Applicants should also complete the ASEAN Foundation Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies Application Form and submit together with the Application for Admission form and other supporting documents to the relevant Faculty/School.
Please send all applications and documents to:
Department of XXX
Faculty/School of XXX
Please click here for a list of the mailing address of all the Faculties/Schools. On the bottom left hand corner of the envelope, please write “ASEAN Foundation Research Scholarship”.
Intake: Semester 1 (August)
Closing Date: 15 November
Application Outcome: May
Intake: Semester 2 (January)
Closing Date: 15 May
Application Outcome: October
Note (For August intake):
(1) For applicants who has applied for admission, please complete the ASEAN Foundation Scholarship Postgraduate Application Form.
(2) For applicants who have not applied admission, please complete the Form for Application for Admission to Graduate Studies by Research and the ASEAN Foundation Scholarship Postgraduate Application Form.
f) Notification of Award
Successful applicants will be notified of the outcome by NUS.
For more information, please contact Registrar’s Office at email@example.com
- ASEAN Scholarships for Indonesia by Ministry of Education, Singapore
- ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship, National University of Singapore
- ASEAN Graduate Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- NUS MBA Awards - National University of Singapore
- A*STAR Pre-Graduate Scholarship, NUS Graduate School, Singapore
- MSc in Strategic Studies, International Relations at Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- ASEAN Master Scholarships, University of Nottingham, UK
- Master Fellowship in Comparative and International Disability Policy, Thailand
- Master Scholarships, Chulabhorn Graduate Institute & ASEAN Foundation, Thailand
- Temasek Foundation Leadership Enrichment and Regional Networking, National University of Singapore
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
I need informatiön in detail
I need informatiön in detail,please. Thanks
Sorry, what kind of faculty of this scholarship if we well be accepted?