Asian Cross-Cultural Exploration (ACCE) Programme is a project between the ASEAN University Network and Multicultural Education and Research Institute (MERI), Yeungnam University. The programme intends to promote the exchanges and mutual understanding of ASEAN-Korean youths, and establish an on-line cultural community. This programme is composed of 2 sub-programmes. The first sub-programme is what can be called the ASEAN-Korean youths’ Asian Cross-Cultural Exploration (ACCE) Programme. This programme invites youths of ASEAN countries to the Republic of Korea (ROK), giving them an opportunity to exchange and reciprocate with youths of Korea. They will have the opportunity to explore the culture of Asia (music and art culture), to experience cultural diversity in this region, and to search for the possibility of creative harmony of Asian culture.
The second sub-programme attempts to establish an on-line ASEAN-Korean cultural community by making the best use of youths who participate in the ACCE Programme.
Thus, it is expected that this programme will contribute in its own way to the creation of East Asian community, particularly the socio-cultural pillar of the community, by enhancing the mutual understanding and awareness among the young peoples of ASEAN countries and Korea of each other’s culture.
- Overall theme: “The Colour and Sound of Asia”
- Programme type: A youth camp to promote the communication and cooperation among the participating youths of ASEAN and Korea and to encourage mutual understanding among them of their music and fine arts
- Date: 11-18 January 2012
- Venue: City of Daegu and its vicinity in Korea
- Special lectures of invited professional experts (in the areas of music and art) or visits to local professional institutions specialized in music or art
- The presentation by ASEAN Secretariat on ASEAN-ROK Dialogue Relations and its relevance to ASEAN-ROK Youth Cooperation
- The provision of information by ASEAN Secretariat about ASEAN-ROK cooperation in the Education sector in particular, which will help publicize efforts being taken by ASED and SOM-ED in regional cooperation in Education
- Team activities and team workshops
- Joint teamwork projects: The results will be presented in the form of a joint concert or instrumental performance
- Age between 17-24
- Have English Proficiency at least in communication level and be familiar with music or art terms
- Study in music or art majors or be knowledgeable in said areas
- Preference to be given to the students who had an experience on music or arts activities.
- Completed ACCE Application Form with a passport size photograph attached (download)
- Academic Transcript in English
- Curriculum Vitae in English
- 2 (two) 35×45mm photographs
- A copy of passport
- TOEFL or other language certificates
- Applicant Assesment form (download)
Submit 2 (two) copies of your application packages to OIA UGM no later than Monday, November 14th 11.30AM.
- International Multicopter Girls Camp, Ilmenau University of Technology, Germany
- Temasek Foundation Leadership Enrichment and Regional Networking, National University of Singapore
- ASEAN Millennium Leaders College Student Exchange Scholarships, Daejeon University, Korea
- International Scholarship 2010-2011 to Study Bahasa Indonesia
- ASEAN Graduate Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, University of Ulsan, Korea
- Graduate Scholarship in Archaeology, St Cross College, University of Oxford, UK
- Laces Trust Scholarship in Philosophy / Ethics, St Cross College, University of Oxford, UK
- Osmaston Scholarship in Forestry, St Cross College, University of Oxford, UK
- Graduate Scholarships in Economic History, St Cross College, University of Oxford, UK