ASEAN Leaders Fostering Program, previously named as ASEAN Millennium Leaders College Student Exchange Programme, is an ASEAN-Korea Cooperation Project between the ASEAN University Network (AUN) and Daejeon University (DJU). The project is jointly funded by the ASEAN-ROK Future Oriented Cooperation Programs Funds and Daejeon University.
The Programme offers exchange scholarships for 20 undergraduate students from ASEAN student to study at Daejeon University, the Republic of Korea (ROK). The scholarship includes tuition fees, room and board, round-trip ticket, basic medical insurance and living allowance (USD 300 per month) for one academic year.
Daejeon University has specialized curriculum and ample experience with ASEAN student, so DJU is the only university which has launched the ASEAN – ROK International College Student Exchange Program since 2002. DJU provides ASEAN students with the opportunity to become leading role models in the future by taking the advanced level classed, while using our fully technologically equipped facilities for one academic year.
Also, our program is dedicated in cultivating students to become leaders of ASEAN Nations, especially through our internship program at internationally well known organizations in Korea such as UN-APCICT, IFEZ, KNCU, KIEP and ASEAN-Korea Centre We have witnessed our students contribute to diplomatic relations between ASEAN and ROK.
ASEAN University Network (AUN)
The ASEAN University Network was established in November 1995 under the Charter signed by the Ministers responsible for higher education in ASEAN countries. The AUN is perceived as a mechanism to help hasten solidarity and development of regional identity through the promotion of the existing network of leading universities and higher education institutions in ASEAN region. Currently, the AUN is actively involved in collaborative projects with the following partners; P.R. China, the European Union, United States, Japan, and the Republic of Korea. The International College Student Exchange Program between ROK and ASEAN Nations is one of the collaborative projects with ROK.
- ASEAN Millennium Leaders College Student Exchange Scholarships, Daejeon University, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Daejeon University, Korea
- GKS (Global Korea Scholarship) for Master Students, Daejeon University, Korea
- ASEAN-Korean Youths Asian Cross-Cultural Exploration (ACCE) Camp Programme
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Chungnam National University, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Hannam University, Korea
- Master Fellowship in Comparative and International Disability Policy, Thailand
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, University of Science & Technology, Korea
- Master Scholarships, Chulabhorn Graduate Institute & ASEAN Foundation, Thailand
- International Summer School, Chungnam National University, Korea
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.