The Asian Cultural Council (ACC) has opened its applications for fellowships to be awarded in 2013 and invites arts professionals in Hong Kong, Macau, China and other Asian countries to apply for funds to support specialized training, conduct research, and pursue creative activities in the United States or other countries in Asia. Programs ranging in duration from three months to one year will be considered.
Deadline for applications is 1 November 2012 for programs to be carried out from July 2013 to December 2014.
Arts organizations, educational and cultural institutions are also eligible to apply to the Council for support for projects of significant importance which involve cultural exchange between Asia and the United States or regional exchange among the countries of Asia.
The ACC’s program covers all the visual and performing arts, both contemporary and traditional. Fields of awards include archeology, architecture (design, history, and theory), arts management, art criticism, art history, conservation, crafts, dance, film and video, museology, music, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture, and theater.
Asian Cultural Council Fellowship Program
The Asian Cultural Council supports cultural exchange in the visual and performing arts between Asia, the United States and amongst Asian countries. Applications are accepted from individuals and institutions.
The major focus of the ACC grant program is on awarding grants to artists, scholars and arts specialists from Asia for study, research, observation and related activities in the United States of America or in another Asian country. American applicants may also apply to conduct similar work in Asia.
- Scholarship for Foreign Artists, Province of Styria, Austria
- Fellowship Grant, Asian Civilisations Museum, Singapore
- Journalism Fellowship, Southeast Asian Press Alliance (SEAPA), Thailand
- Getty Scholar Grants, The Getty Foundation, USA
- Nalanda-Sriwijaya Centre Fellowship, Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS), Singapore
- Europa Grants for Cultural Journalists - Romanian Cultural Institute
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Democracy, Citizenship, and Constitutionalism, University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Asian Graduate Student Fellowships, Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore
- POSCO TJ Park Foundation Research Grants for Asian Studies, Korea
- Asia Center Graduate Summer Research Grants, Harvard University, USA
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
For more information, please visit official website: www.asianculturalcouncil.org.hk.