Asian Development Bank, ADB’s vision is an Asia and Pacific region free of poverty. ADB welcomes motivated, open-minded and self-directed individuals to apply for internship assignments requiring further research and assistance, identified by Regional and Knowledge Departments in ADB. The Internship Program is a project-oriented learning opportunity for graduate candidates which offer widely-varied assignments year to year depending on business needs.
The program offers eligible candidates of member countries the opportunity to:
- work in a major international development organization;
- work collaboratively with experienced professionals from over 50 different countries;
- gain a deeper understanding of development finance and the impact of the work ADB does; and
- contribute to ADB’s business through research outputs.
Internship candidates must:
- be enrolled in a Master’s- or PhD-level program at a school in one of the ADB member countries, both prior to and after the internship assignment;
- be engaged in academic study in a field directly related to ADB’s work;
- be a national of one of ADB’s member countries;
- possess an excellent command of English; and
- have relevant professional experience.
*** ADB does not accept applications from close relatives of ADB personnel.
The ADB internship application process goes ONLINE for the 2011 Internship intake. We will now receive candidate applications directly. School registration and nomination is no longer required.
You have two opportunities to apply for the ADB Internship Program in 2011:
- January-February 2011
- March-April 2011
Internship opportunities are now posted for application, candidates may register and apply at ADB Recruitment Center (ARC). Please read the complete job ad and prepare accordingly. Applicants should submit and upload ALL requirements: updated CV AND answers to essay questions (MS Word document or PDF file). Incomplete applications will not be processed further.
- For internship ARC application-related questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For internship-related queries not found in our FAQs, please email email@example.com.
Visit official website.
- ADB-Japan Postgraduate Scholarships, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- NASA Undergraduate Student Research Program (USRP), USA
- Japan / World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program, Yokohama National University
- Global Health Supply Chain Internship, MIT - Zaragoza International Logistics Program, Spain
- Master Scholarships, Asian Development Bank, University of Sydney, Australia
- Fellowship Grant, Asian Civilisations Museum, Singapore
- IDB Prize for Women’s Contribution to Development, Islamic Development Bank, Saudi Arabia
- Asia Leaders Programme, Master Scholarships in Peace Building, Philippines & Costa Rica
- Summer Internship - musiXmatch, Italy
- National Institute for Physiological Sciences (NIPS) Internship, Japan
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.