This scholarship is designed to support postgraduate students of exceptional research promise to study full-time at ECU in a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Research Master degree. The scholarship is offered on the basis of academic merit and research performance. Applicants will automatically be considered for both scholarships; successful applicants will be offered either an APA or an ECUPRS.
The Australian Postgraduate Award is funded by the Australian Commonwealth Government and administered by ECU.
ECU Research Excellence Award: In addition to being offered and APA, up to ten (10) of the most highly ranked APA recipients commencing a Master by Research or Doctor of Philosophy are offered an ECU Research Excellence Award. This supplementary award provides an additional $5,000 per annum on top of an APA stipend. These awards are automatically allocated and no separate application is required.
Amount: $25,000 tax free per annum, as well as a thesis allowance and a relocation allowance (where applicable)
Method: Electronic funds transfer
- Academic Merit < qualifications equivalent to an Australian First Class Honours degree or a Master by Research
- Research experience
- Applicants ust not have previously held an APA, APA (Industry) or an Australian Government-funded Postgraduate Research Award (excluding an IPRS)
- Applicants may not concurrently receive a Faculty Scholarship or other major scholarship
- Australian citizen
- Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- Australian permanent resident visa
- New Zealand citizen
Level of study:
- Higher degree research (including Masters by Research)
- Length of scholarship – doctoral degree, up to three years full-time, Master by Research up to two years full-time.
- Applicants must provide the original or certified copies of academic documentation, including academic transcripts and proof of completion from any tertiary qualification, except for qualifications completed at ECU.
- Applicants with qualifications from overseas institutions must be able to provide evidence of adequate English proficiency (IELTS or TOEFL). Qualifications from overseas institutions will be assessed in comparison to Australian qualifications.
Selection is based on academic merit and research capability within the University’s research strengths. Each application will be assessed against the Scholarship Ranking Scheme.
Application opening date: 1 April 2010 and 1 September 2010
Application closing date: 31 May 2010 and 29 October 2010
Visit official website.
- Women’s Services Guild PhD Top-up Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Endeavour International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (EIPRS), Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Edith Cowan University Postgraduate Research Scholarship (ECUPRS), Australia
- FBL Executive Dean’s Postgraduate Research Scholarship (FBLPRS), Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Vice-Chancellor’s Student Award for Contribution to University Life, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- The Karrakatta Club Dame Mary Gilmore Award, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Perth Airport Indigenous Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Vice-Chancellor’s Student Award for Engagement, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Nedlands (Secondary) Teachers College Memorial Award, Edith Cowan University, Australia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.