The GE Foundation Scholar-Leaders Program in Indonesia is a unique program that provides financial support and skills development opportunities for accomplished first-year undergraduate students from recognized institutions who are pursuing specific degrees listed below.
- A scholarship for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th years of your undergraduate program including thesis and monthly living allowance
- An opportunity to be mentored by a GE business leader
- Participation in GE Foundation Scholar-Leaders activities, including a specially designed leadership development seminar
- Participation in community development projects
Who Can Apply?
Only applicants who meet the eligibility criteria will be considered for the award.
Students must be attending the following institutions to be eligible to apply:
Only students in the following fields of study are eligible to apply:
- Economics (Accounting, Development Studies, Management)
- Math and Science (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
- Computer Science
- Environmental Studies
- Engineering (Electrical Engineering, Physical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering)
Further Requirements Include:
- GPA of at least 3.0 (0–4 scale) for semester 1 and 2
- Involvement in social and student activities
- Good command of English
- Demonstration of financial need – must not be recipient of any other scholarships
How to Apply?
If you satisfy all eligibility criteria outlined above, click on the link at the bottom of the page and complete the online application. The application form including essay must be submitted online by 11:59pm EST on February 28, 2013 to:
Menara Imperium Lt. 28 Suite B
Jl. HR Rasuna Said
(Please write GEFSLP 2012/2013 on the right upper corner of the envelope)
Supporting Documentation – In addition to your application form, the following documentation is required:
- Completed and signed GEFSLP application form
- One (1) color photograph 4×6 cm – affix it in the provided box
- One (1) copy of valid Identification Card (KTP)
- An official letter of enrollment from university
- One (1) certified copy of your university transcript records from semesters 1 to 3
- One (1) copy of high school diploma (Ijazah SMU)
- One (1) copy of high school transcript record (STTB)
- One (1) copy of high school transcript record – national standard (NEM)
- At least two (2) Letter of Reference from Academic Supervisor and other Faculty Member (use the attached from, and put it in a sealed envelope), preferably from your English teacher at the university. Attention: Please do not send the letter separately. It must be attached to the application form.
- One (1) letter of notification as underprivileged family from department/faculty or university (surat keterangan tidak mampu dari pihak kampus)
- One (1) letter of notification as underprivileged family from village officer (surat keterangan tidak mampu dari pihak kelurahan)
- Letter of notification that you are involved in social and student activities (surat keterangan aktif di organisasi kemahasiswaan atau sosial lainnya)
- Letter of statement you are not receiving any other scholarships at the moment and will not receive any other scholarships if you are selected as GE Foundation Scholar-Leader (Surat pernyataan tidak sedang dan tidak akan menerima beasiswa lain, apabila ditetapkan sebagai penerima beasiswa GE Foundation Scholar – Leaders Program, yang diketahui oleh dosen wali/pembimbing akademik).
If you are selected you must submit English translations for any documents not in English.
Incomplete application material or application materials received after February 28, 2013 will not be considered. Application materials will not be returned to applicants.
What is the Selection Procedure?
A selection committee will evaluate all applications. Each applicant’s motivation and academic potential will be assessed. You will be informed in June 2013 about the success of your application. Selection decisions are final. There is no appeal process.
Whom Can I Contact for More Information?
For more information please contact IIEF at the address given or you may contact us through the telephone no. +6221 – 8317330 ext. 107/115 (office hours) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete the GE Foundation Scholar-Leaders Application Here: http://apply.scholarshipandmore.org/
For further information, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions page for Indonesia.
- Undergraduate Scholarships, GE Foundation Scholar - Leaders Program, Indonesia
- Summer School Utrecht Scholarship, Indonesian Young Leaders, Indonesian Ministry of Religious Affairs, Leiden University, Netherlands
- Temasek Foundation Leadership Enrichment and Regional Networking, National University of Singapore
- Sato International Scholarship Foundation, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Japanese Urological Association (JUA) International Foundation Scholarship for Young Asian Urologists
- Master Scholarships in International Development Studies, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- Master Scholarships, Chulabhorn Graduate Institute & ASEAN Foundation, Thailand
- BMW Indonesia Research and Technology Scholarship
- Sampoerna Foundation Overseas MBA Scholarship 2010, Indonesia
- Ford Foundation International Fellowships Program 2010
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.