The Gilman Scholarship Program offers awards for undergraduate study abroad and was established by the International Academic Opportunity Act of 2000. This scholarship provides awards for U.S. undergraduate students who are receiving Federal Pell Grant funding at a two-year or four-year college or university to participate in study abroad programs worldwide.
The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program is open to all U.S. citizen undergraduates, in good academic standing, who meet the criteria listed below:
- The applicant must be receiving a Federal Pell Grant or provide proof that he/she will be receiving a Pell Grant at the time of application or during the term of his/her study abroad.
- The applicant is applying to or has been accepted into a study abroad program eligible for credit by the student’s accredited institution of higher education in the U.S.
- The applicant is studying abroad for at least four weeks in one country. Programs going to more than one country are eligible if the student will be studying in one country for at least four consecutive weeks.
- The applicant is studying abroad in any country except Cuba or a country on the U.S. Department of State’s current Travel Warning list.
Application deadline: October 5, 2010 for submission of online application.
Visit official website.
- Chiara Maria Levin Study Abroad Scholarship, University of Michigan, USA
- Undergraduate Scholarships, DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service), Germany
- Monica Miller Walsh Undergraduate Summer Internship Grants, Stanford University, USA
- Study Abroad Scholarships by Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE)
- PhD Scholarship in Geobiosphere Science, Lund University, Sweden
- Student Exchange Scholarships, La Trobe University, Australia
- Emile Boutmy Scholarship for Undergraduate & Master, Sciences Po, France
- Tsukuba Scholarship for Undergraduate English Course Students 2010, University of Tsukuba, Japan
- Hermann Strenger Scholarships, Bayer Foundations, Germany
- Cardiff University Undergraduate International Scholarships, UK