The BioInterfaces Programme brings together biologists, chemists, physicists, IT specialists, engineers, and material scientists with the common goal of controlling living systems, and bridges the gap between fundamental research and development of application-oriented technologies and products. The programme is tightly linked with the Universities of Karlsruhe and Heidelberg. In addition to offering the right of graduation, both Universities contribute scientifically to the BioInterfaces research school. While the University of Karlsruhe is more technically oriented, the University of Heidelberg has an emphasis on biomedical research and basic physics of surface interactions and microscopy.
Thus BIF-IGS offers outstanding graduate students education and training in trans- and multi-disciplinary research areas that allow students to prepare for future careers in professional fields such as health sciences, biotechnology, physics, chemistry and environmental science. Students will gain experience by working in a stimulating environment using state-of-the-art technology in an interdisciplinary context that promotes the ability of cross-frontier thinking. Laboratory work is supplemented by seminars, summer schools, training in soft skills and participation in international conferences.
Online registration/application is now activated.
Application deadline is June 30, 2010.
For more information please consult the following link (the new website is currently under construction): https://www.biointerfaces-gradschool.de
- Master Scholarships, Research on Information and Communication Technologies, Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- Master Scholarships in Photonics Engineering, Nanophotonics and Biophotonics (EUROPHOTONICS)
- PhD Studentships in Spintronics, Nanomagnetism and Magnetic Resonance, Forschungszentrum Juelich, Germany
- Doctoral Fellowships, Topology of Technology, Darmstadt University of Technology, Germany
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Kumoh National Institute of Technology, Korea
- Master and PhD Scholarships in Neuroscience, University of Tuebingen, Germany
- PhD Scholarships in Interdisciplinary Research, Ruhr-University Research School, Germany
- Postdoctoral Fellowships, Max Planck Center for Visual Computing and Communication, Germany
- PhD Fellowships, Berlin Graduate School of Muslim Cultures and Societies, Germany
- PhD Scholarships, Berlin Graduate School Muslim Cultures and Societies, Germany