The Department of Biology will award up to five scholarships to overseas students for undergraduate entry in 2012 (or for deferred entry in 2013). Each scholarship is worth £1000 annually for the duration of the course, subject to satisfactory academic progress.
Successful applicants will be required to meet the balance of the costs of their course.
If you are applying for one of the three-year or four-year Biology or Biology specialist degree programmes, and are liable to pay overseas fees, you are eligible to apply.
Scholarship applications should be made on the Biology Overseas Students Scholarship application form. Scholarship applications will be considered from those who have already applied, or have been accepted, for admission on to the course.
Completed application forms should arrive at the University no later than 22 June 2012, but candidates should apply as early as possible. Late applications may not be considered.
Decisions will be made as soon as possible after the closing date. If a candidate’s admission to the course is dependent on examination results that are not known until a later date, the award of a scholarship will be conditional.
A Departmental Committee is responsible for the selection of award-holders. The Committee will consider each applicant’s academic achievement and potential for academic success, as well as his or her financial circumstances.
RENEWAL OF AWARDS
Providing an award-holder’s fees status remains as overseas, a scholarship will normally be renewed each year for the duration of the course, subject to satisfactory academic progress, including satisfactory tutorial reports and a mark of at least 50% in continuous assessment.
TERMINATION OF AWARDS
A scholarship may be terminated at any time when an unsatisfactory progress report is received by the department, or when an award-holder ceases to be a registered student of the University.
For more information, please visit official website: www.york.ac.uk.
- International Scholarships for Master Students, York St John University, UK
- Postdoctoral Position in Stereoscopic 3D Cinema, York University, Canada
- Postdoctoral Fellow Positions in Biology, Colorado State University, USA
- PhD Studentships in Organic Chemistry, University of York, UK
- Master Scholarships, University of York, UK
- York University International Undergraduate Student Scholarship & Award Program, Canada
- School of Biological Sciences Taught Postgraduate Bursaries, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Biochemistry and Molecular / Cellular Biology, Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil
- PhD Student, Department of Biomedical Molecular Biology, Ghent University, Belgium
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Lobster Population Biology and Sustainable Fisheries, Memorial University, Canada
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.