Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC) recently signed an agreement with the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) for the management of the Canada-Africa Research Exchange Grants program (CAREG). As part of this two year pilot program, IDRC aims to fund seven to eight grants worth a maximum of $40,000 each to support short-term exchanges between Canadian and African universities and research institutes that address IDRC research themes. As well as joint research activities, the program will also provide some support to activities aimed at improving student training at the graduate level.
The deadline for the submission of proposals will be June 30, 2010.
IDRC per diem rates (effective April 15, 2010) (doc)
Note posted June 9: Questions 8 and 9 in Appendix 1 of the guidelines posted on May 7 were identical. We have eliminated one of these questions and revised Appendix 1 accordingly so that there are now 11 questions rather than 12.
For more information on the program:
Tel: 613-563-1236, ext. 303
Visit official website.
- Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship Program by Government of Canada
- Educational Grants Women Scholarships from Developing Countries, Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund, USA
- Nuclear History Fellowship, NPIHP, Monash University, South Africa
- Graduate Scholarships in Theoretical and Computational Chemistry, University of Calgary, Canada
- Postgraduate Scholarships, Drama for Life, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Fulbright Master Grants, Freeport, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
- PhD Scholarships in Interdisciplinary Research, Ruhr-University Research School, Germany
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, University of Science & Technology, Korea
- The Center for Tropical Forest Science (CTFS) Grants, Harvard University, USA
- Business Exchange Scholarship, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.