The Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism and the Department of Politics and International Relations seek a candidate for a 3-year postdoctoral position in media and democracy with an appointment date of 1st January 2012 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
The appointment is expected to be made on the University’s grade 8 salary scale (£36,862 - £44,016 pa). However, if the selected candidate does not fully meet all the selection criteria, the appointment may be made on the grade 7 scale (£29,099 - £35,788 pa), with the possibility of moving up to grade 8 during year 2 or 3 of the appointment.
The successful candidate will have expertise in two of the following areas and will pursue advanced research in at least one of them:
- Media and democratization
- Media in post-authoritarian regimes
- Media and democratic accountability
- Media and political campaigns
Candidates are expected to have either a doctorate in political science and significant experience and understanding of media/journalism empirical research and theory; or a doctorate in media/journalism studies and significant experience and understanding of political research and theory. A strong early-career record of academic publication and conference presentations is expected.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Democracy, Citizenship, and Constitutionalism, University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Master Scholarships in International Media Studies, Germany
- Fitzjames Research Fellowship in Philosophy, Merton College, University of Oxford, UK
- Fitzjames Research Fellowship in English, Merton College, University of Oxford, UK
- Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship, National Endowment for Democracy (NED), USA
- Oxford International Centre for Publishing Studies Scholarship, Oxford Brookes University, UK
- Global Justice Research Fellowship, St Anne’s College, University of Oxford, UK
- 100 Scholarships from University of Oxford, UK
- Islamic Development Bank - Oxford Clarendon Scholarships, University of Oxford, UK
- EP Abraham Scholarship in Chemical, Biological / Life and Medical Sciences, University of Oxford, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
For more information, please visit official website: www.politics.ox.ac.uk.