Each year the University of Warwick continues to invest in postgraduate researchers by funding the Chancellor’s and Chancellor’s International Scholarships. In 2012/13 alone the University distributed over £3 million of funding via the Chancellor’s and Chancellor’s International Scholarships.
The Chancellor’s International Scholarships are allocated annually via a combined postgraduate research scholarship competition and are open to students of any nationality and to any discipline offered at Warwick.
For 2014-15 entry the Warwick Graduate School expects to award around 25 Chancellor’s International Scholarships to the most outstanding international PhD applicants. Awards made for entry in Autumn 2014 will include both of the following:
- The full payment of overseas tuition fees (worth up to £17,130 at 13/14 rates)
- A maintenance stipend in line with RCUK rates (provisional £13,863* for full time award holders in 2014-15)
* Please note this is a provisional predicted figure and is subject to change.
- Applicants for a Chancellor’s International Scholarship must also be applying for a PhD at the University of Warwick to begin in October 2014;
- Applicants must expect to be ‘overseas’ students for fees purposes, but there is no other nationality criteria;
- Applicants may be from any discipline at Warwick.
How to Apply
Chancellor’s International Scholarships will be awarded through a combined postgraduate research scholarship competition. The combined PGR scholarship competition allocates the following scholarships:
Applicants will be considered for all scholarships listed above for which they are eligible when applying to the postgraduate research scholarship competition.
To apply to the postgraduate research scholarship competition there is one application form required, via a single combined application form for postgraduate admission and for the scholarships.
Full details, including further information about how to apply for the combined PGR scholarship competition are listed on the Chancellor’s Scholarship webpage. Applicants are strongly advised to read the information listed on this page, including the ‘Guidance Notes for Applicants’ fully before applying to the scholarship competiton.
The deadline for applications was 13th January 2014. No late applications will be accepted.
Results of the PGR Scholarships Competition will be communicated through email by mid March 2014. Please do not contact the Graduate School before this date to enquire about results.
Please note: due to the large volume of applications the Graduate School in unable to provide individual feedback to applicants.
- PhD Studentships, Discrete Mathematics and Its Applications (DIMAP), University of Warwick, UK
- PhD Studentship, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, UK
- Master Scholarships in Complex Systems Science, Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- PhD Studentships in Molecular Dynamics and/or Monte-Carlo Simulations of an Ion-channel, University of Warwick, UK
- WMG Master Scholarships, University of Warwick, UK
- Fully-Funded PhD Fellowship, University of Warwick, UK
- Vice-Chancellor’s Student Award for Contribution to University Life, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Vice-Chancellor’s Student Award for Engagement, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships - MA in International Performance Research (MAIPR)
- Perth Airport Indigenous Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.