Applications are invited for two Chapman Fellowships in Mathematics, tenable for two years, starting 1 October 2011 or as soon as possible thereafter. This research post provides an excellent opportunity for those seeking to pursue an academic career in mathematics.
Salary range: £30,680 - £39,130 p.a.
Candidates for a Chapman Fellowship are expected to have proven research ability in mathematics. Candidates will demonstrate the potential for strong leadership qualities in the subject, as illustrated, for example, through showing research initiative. Candidates will hold a good honours degree and a PhD (or equivalent) in mathematics or a closely related subject.
You will show exceptional ability in your chosen research areas, and will have an outstanding research record commensurate with your level of experience, as demonstrated by PhD thesis, publications, conference presentations, etc. You will be able to contribute significantly to the research environment of the Department of Mathematics through research-related interactions with staff and students.
In addition to pursuing research, Fellows will be expected to undertake a limited range of teaching duties in the Department of Mathematics. The ability to teach mathematics at undergraduate and postgraduate level is essential. In particular, candidates will have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to give effective presentations.
How to apply
Our preferred method of application is online via our website: http://www.imperial.ac.uk/employment (please select “Job Search” then enter the job title or vacancy reference number into “Keywords” - vacancy ref: NS2010198JH). Please complete and upload an application form as directed along with the following documents:
- Application form (please specify the post title and whether you wish your application to be considered by the Pure Mathematics, the Applied Mathematics and Mathematical Physics, the Mathematical Finance or the Statistics Section),
- Curriculum vitae and list of publications,
- Research Plan
Closing date: 5 January 2011.
If you have any queries about the application process please contact Ms Magdalena Myc, Academic Support Administrator, (e-mail: email@example.com) quoting the reference number above to request an application form.
- PhD Studentship, Imperial College London, UK
- PhD Studentships in the History of Science, Technology and Medicine, Imperial College, London, UK
- PhD Studentship, Department of Earth Science and Engineering, Imperial College London, UK
- PhD Studentship in Fluid Mechanics, Imperial College London, UK
- Master Scholarships, University of the Arts London International Graduate Scholarships, UK
- King’s Summer School Scholarships, King’s College London, UK
- Biomedical Engineering Scholarship, King’s College London, UK
- PhD Fellowships, Bielefeld University, Germany
- The Panasonic Trust Fellowships 2010, UK
- International Students Scholarships, Royal Veterinary College (RVC), University of London, UK