The British Chevening Awards programme, funded by the British Government (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) and administered by the British Council, has awarded over 1000 scholarship and fellowships to Indonesians since 1984.
Full scholarships are offered for one year Master degrees at United Kingdom universities and other professional institutions. The scholarships would cover living costs, tuition fees and return airfares.
The deadline for applications for 2012/13 Chevening Scholarships in Indonesia and East Timor is 15 January 2012.
Applications 2012/2013 Chevening scholarships should be made via the website: https://www.chevening.fco.gov.uk/CheveningApplications/CA_Start.aspx
Candidates should be aware that Chevening 2012/2013 is aligned with delivery of the FCO’s priorities. More information about these is available at: http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/what-we-do/our-priorities/
The Chevening scheme is highly competitive, with only the best applicants invited for interview. We particularly encourage applications from individuals based in eastern Indonesia. Candidates will need to meet the following basic requirements:
- Indonesian or East Timor citizens
- Excellent first degree with a minimum GPA >=3.0
- Good level of spoken and written English language (IELTS 6.5)
- Minimum of 2 years full time post-graduate (S1) work experience
- Clear commitment to long-term career development
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership potential and the capacity to play an important role in Indonesia or East Timor’s future development
- We regret that we are unable to accept applications for MBAs
- Previous recipients of a Chevening award are not eligible to apply
- Employees, employee’s relatives (or former employees who have left employment within the last two years) of the FCO, including FCO posts, the British Council or any Chevening sponsors are not be eligible for these awards.
Other information relevant to applications will be posted on this page and at: http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/what-we-do/scholarships/ as well as on the Chevening Facebook page.
All candidates are encouraged to start researching appropriate postgraduate courses at UK institutions and making applications directly to them as appropriate.
- Master Scholarship by UK Government - British Chevening Awards 2010/2011, UK
- Master Degree Scholarship, British Chevening Awards, UK
- Chevening Scholarships 2010/11, Study in UK
- Graduate Degree Fellowships, East-West Center, University of Hawaii, USA
- Study in The Netherlands, StuNed Scholarships for Students from Indonesia
- Astro Kasih Undergraduate Scholarships for Indonesian Citizens
- 8 Full Scholarships for Indonesia, Jordan or Syria Students, University of Nottingham, UK
- Senior High School Full Scholarships in Singapore, UWC Indonesia
- Sato International Scholarship Foundation (SISF), Japan
- Sumitro Fellowship Program, USA - Indonesia
I’m confused with that applicant.. can help me?
My GPA under 3.00, my I try it??? (
I have under 3 on GPA but I work in one of the indonesian government. Because I have one minus and one advantage. Could I get your chance? Thanks.
Im still study chemistry now and my GPA >3.00 im really interest with this scholarship. Wish when graduate from my university there’re scholarship again.
i am really interested with this scholarship. could i get a change for this shcolarships?
I need contact of the university
my gpa>3. can i get a chance?? how to apply??
I’m really interested with this scholarship. I still study at social and politics faculty in tanjung pura university pontianak ( west borneo ) , could i get a change for this shcolarships?
im very interested with this scholarship,but i still study at law faculty general soedirman university for 1,5 years again. Please give me information about this scholarship again next time.
I’ll try to apply 4 this scholarship next year.now I’m still teaching as english teacher in a remote area school,sumuri district,west papua..I need this scholarship because the place where I’m teaching now,this place is really underdevelop.