China/AUN Scholarship is a full scholarship program provided for ASEAN member countries by the Ministry of Education of P. R. China (hereinafter referred to as MOE). MOE entrusts China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC) to manage the recruitment and carry out the routine management of this scholarship program.
Categories of Applicants
- Master’s Degree Students: 2-3 academic years
- Doctoral Degree Students: 3-4 academic years
The instruction language could be either Chinese or English. Applicants who apply for courses instructed in Chinese are required to take one-year Chinese language course prior to the academic study if their Chinese is not qualified. Only by passing the examinations of the Chinese language course, could they start their major studies. For those taking the Chinese language preparatory courses, the scholarship duration will be extended automatically for one year.
Scholarship students should complete their study within the due time; duration for scholarship specified at the time of admission cannot be extended in principle.
Applicants shall apply to the ASEAN University Network Secretariat between January and the beginning of April, 2012.
CRITERIA & ELIGIBILITY
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens from ASEAN member countries and be in good health.
- Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
VALUES OF SCHOLARSHIP
- Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, fee for internship, and fee for basic learning materials, and accommodation fee for dormitory on campus;
- Living allowance;
- One-off settlement subsidy after registration for new student;
- Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China;
- One-off inter-city travel subsidy.
- Costs of the laboratory experiment or internship beyond the university’s arrangements should be self-afforded.
- Fee for basic learning materials only covers the necessary learning materials prescribed by the host institution, and other textbooks and materials shall be self-afforded.
- Monthly living allowance is granted to the students through the host institution at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month):
- Master’s degree students: CNY 1,700 Yuan
- Doctoral degree students: CNY 2,000 Yuan
Scholarship students shall get their monthly living allowance after registration. New students who register before 15th (15th included) of the registration month will get the full amount of the living allowance of that month, and those who register after 15th will get half amount. Students upon graduation will get a living allowance for another 15 days after the graduation date set by the university. The allowance will be terminated from the next month after students suspend their studies, drop school or complete schooling from the university. Monthly living allowance covers school holidays. Scholarship students who missed the monthly living allowance during holidays could be reimbursed upon return on campus. The allowance will be suspended for at least one month for those students who do not register on time without permission from the university, leave for non-health reasons or are absent from university over a month.
Students who have to suspend their studies for pregnancy or for health reasons are required to go back to their home countries for labor or for treatment. The international travel expenses should be covered by the students themselves. With the university’s approval, the scholarship status can be reserved for up to one year, and their living allowances will be suspended during their leave. The scholarship status will not be reserved for those who suspend their studies for other reasons.
- New students will get a one-off settlement subsidy upon their arrival in China.
- CNY 1,500 Yuan for new students who will study in China for one academic year and above
- A hard-seat train ticket (hard-berth train ticket for overnight trip) will be provided for scholarship students traveling.
- From the port of entry upon registration to the city where the admitting institution or Chinese language training institution or preparatory education institution is located;
- From the Chinese language training institution or the preparatory education institution to the city where the university for major study is located;
- From the city where the institution is located to the nearest port for departure upon graduation.
- Meal and excess of baggage should be self-afforded.
- In principle, the port of entry is Beijing, or a port of entry near where the university is located.
The applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely (in duplicate).
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (filled in Chinese or in English). Applicants shall fill in and print the application form after submitting it online. The CSC Online Application System for Study in China is available on http://laihua.csc.edu.cn Those who cannot apply online shall fill in the application form printed by CSC.
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy): Applicants shall also provide proof of studying on application. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- A study or research plan written in Chinese or English (no less than 400 words).
- Recommendation letters: Applicants for senior scholars must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (the original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form printed by Chinese quarantine authority could be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take medical examination as it is valid for only 6 months.
The above documents should be forwarded to CSC by April 30th 2012 via the ASEAN University Network Secretariat. Individual applications are not accepted by CSC. Application documents will not be returned.
SELECTION OF INSTITUTIONS AND SPECIALTIES
Applicants may choose one academic program and three institutions as their preferences from the Chinese HEIs designated by MOE. Please check the Directory of Chinese Higher Institutions Admitting International Students under Chinese Government Scholarship Program. Applicants are required to fill in their preferences of institutions and specialties strictly according to those listed in the Directory.
APPROVAL AND NOTIFICATION
- CSC will assess all the application documents and CSC reserves the right to make necessary adjustments on the proposed institutions.
- Applicants are required to enclose the admission notice from Chinese HEIs, if they have, in the documents submitted to CSC.
- Students are required to sign on their Admission Notice, if they have no objection with the placement, and are not permitted, in principle, to change their specialties, institutions or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice.
- CSC will send the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to the candidates via ASEAN University Network Secretariat by July 31st, 2012.
After receiving the Admission Notice, students should apply for visa to study in China at the Chinese embassy or consulate-general in their home countries with the Admission Notice, Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) and Foreigner Physical Examination Form (can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn). The students are required to register in Chinese universities with the original copies of the above documents.
Ms. Raksit Waropas
ASEAN University Network Secretariat
Tel: 00662-2153640, 2153642, 2153248 ext 0
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Rm.210, Jamjuree 1 Bld, Chulalongkorn University, Phayathai Rd., Patumwan, Thailand
- Undergraduate, Master & Doctoral Scholarships for International Students, Xiamen University, China
- Master & Doctoral Scholarships by Chinese Government, China
- Master Scholarships, Chulabhorn Graduate Institute & ASEAN Foundation, Thailand
- ASEAN Foundation Research Scholarship, National University of Singapore
- Newcastle University ASEAN Scholarship for Indonesia, UK
- PhD Scholarship in Business and Economics, KU Leuven, Belgium
- ASEAN Master Scholarships, University of Nottingham, UK
- ASEAN-Korean Youths Asian Cross-Cultural Exploration (ACCE) Camp Programme
- Master Fellowship in Comparative and International Disability Policy, Thailand
- Faculty of Science and Engineering Scholarships, Waseda University, Japan
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.