In answer to the Helicopter Industry’s need for qualified Pilots, and in an effort to attract new talent to the industry, the Helicopter Foundation International is sponsoring four (4) Commercial Helicopter Pilot Scholarships. The scholarship will open July 1, 2012.
The HFI Board of Directors has appointed a Selection Committee to choose the scholarship winners.
Up to four (4) Scholarships of up to $5,000 each may be awarded.
Deadline for submitting an application is November 30, 2012. Scholarships will be awarded in February 2013.
Payment of scholarship monies is conditional upon receipt of supporting documentation from the attended school that the student has successfully completed the required coursework and has been licensed and received an FAA Commercial Helicopter Pilot Certificate from a certified FAA Part 141 school or international equivalent. If the school has not been compensated by the student, the HFI will make payment to the institution on behalf of the student, up to the maximum limit of the scholarship awarded.
In the event that the student was previously invoiced by the school and has completely paid in advance, the HFI will reimburse the student directly, up to the maximum limit of the scholarship awarded. The application must be typed or legibly handwritten. All questions must be answered completely. Incomplete application packages will be rejected.
Neatness, completeness, and accuracy do count. If additional pages are requested, they must be supplied.
An electronic form of the application is preferred. Please e-mail to email@example.com. Emailed applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM on November 30, 2012.
If mailed, all applications must be received by November 30, 2012. Mail to HFI Scholarships, 1635 Prince Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314
- Proof of enrollment in a certified FAA Part 141 school helicopter pilot training program, or international equivalent;
- A clear copy of any and all FAA or International Equivalent Certificate(s);
- A current resume;
- Three current letters of recommendation from individuals such as employers, flight instructors, or others within the industry who can attest to your background, training and experience as it relates to aviation;
- Two references (e.g., employers, professional or community organizations);
- A summary of 300 words or more describing why you want to be a helicopter pilot;
- A letter from your school certifying that they are an FAA certified Part 141 school or international equivalent.
- International applicants must also provide proof of foreign citizenship.
Winners will be notified by phone and by mail, and they (or their representative) will be encouraged to attend Helicopter Association International’s HELI-EXPO 2013 in Las Vegas, Nevada. A complimentary one-year HAI membership and a complimentary Full Registration to HELI-EXPO 2013, for Scholarship Winner and guest, including dinner for two at the HAI Salute to Excellence Awards Banquet will be awarded with each scholarship, courtesy of Helicopter Association International. Attendance at HELI-EXPO® affords the scholarship winner the opportunity to attend the Helicopter Pilots Mentoring Panel and the Industry Outreach to Students Mentoring Panel, as well as the opportunity to meet and talk with helicopter professionals from around the world.
Winners will be required to provide a name and phone number for a point of contact at the school, and an address to which the letter confirming the intent to remit funds may be sent upon award of certificate. Winners will be required to complete their training and receive their rating within one year of date of acceptance and abide by all scholarship rules.
This scholarship, funded by the HFI and supporting organizations and individuals, provides up to $5,000 to assist a candidate, who currently holds a private helicopter pilot license to obtain a commercial helicopter rating. A primary determinant will be evidence of the applicant’s skill and ability to be a commercial helicopter pilot and interest in pursuing a career as a pilot in the helicopter industry.
Any portion of scholarship money over and above the student’s tuition must be sent directly back to HFI.
Only applicants who meet the minimum qualifications, as determined by the HFI Scholarship Selection Committee, will be considered.
Scholarship monies will be paid upon award of an FAA Commercial Helicopter Pilot Certificate. Written notification of FAA Certificate along with a copy of the certificate must be sent to HFI at 1635 Prince Street, Alexandria, VA 22314.
For more information, please visit official website: helicopterfoundation.org.
- Maintenance Technician Certificate Scholarship, Helicopter Foundation International, USA
- International Commercial Law Excellence Scholarships, University of Exeter, UK
- Beasiswa Pilot, Wings Flying School - Lion Air & Wings Air
- Mazda Foundation Research Grants, Australia
- Hermann Strenger Scholarships, Bayer Foundations, Germany
- Amelia Earhart PhD Fellowship for Women in Aerospace Science, Zonta International, USA
- PhD Studentships in Aeroacoustics, University of Cambridge, UK
- Simons Foundation Autism Research Initiative (SFARI) Awards, USA
- David Geffen Foundation Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- Ancora Foundation Graduate Fellowship, University of Oxford, UK