The University of Pretoria regards itself as a research intensive university. Hence, it is seeking candidates for postdoctoral research who will make a significant contribution to its research endeavours. As part of an initiative by the Association of Commonwealth Universities, the University of Pretoria has made funds available for one postdoctoral scholarship for a citizen coming from a Commonwealth Country (excluding South African citizens). This scholarship will be known as the University of Pretoria Commonwealth Postdoctoral Scholarship and will be awarded on a competitive basis.
The University of Pretoria has established a reputation for academic excellence, particularly in relation to some of its major research activities. Information about these research activities can be obtained from the website of the University (http://web.up.ac.za/default.asp?ipkCategoryID=1630) and from the 2008 Research report (http://web.up.ac.za/research/2008/)
- The Postdoctoral Scholarship will be awarded to a citizen from a Commonwealth Country other than South Africa.
- The Postdoctoral Commonwealth Scholar must conduct his/her research at the University of Pretoria.
- Applicants must have completed their doctoral studies within five years prior to their application for the Postdoctoral Scholarship.
- Applicants must not be older than 35 years of age at time of application.
- Doctoral students currently registered at the University of Pretoria are not eligible for the University of Pretoria Commonwealth Postdoctoral Scholarship.
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Doctoral Studies, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Master & Doctoral Scholarships, Tshwane University of Technology, South Africa
- Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP), University of Edinburgh, UK
- Nuclear History Fellowship, NPIHP, Monash University, South Africa
- Bischoff Family Endowed MBA Scholarship, INSEAD
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Postgraduate Scholarships, Drama for Life, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Commonwealth Scholarships Program 2010, Australia
- Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship Program by Government of Canada
- Postdoctoral Position in Social Science Perspectives on Climate Change in South Korea, University of Bayreuth, Germany
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.