The CSCAN International Scholarship is a £2,750 scholarship awarded by the Centre for Security, Communications and Network Research (CSCAN) at Plymouth University. The scholarship seeks to recognise the academic excellence of international students and is available to those students who meet the criteria detailed below.
CSCAN is an established research centre in Plymouth University’s School of Computing and Maths, many of its leading researchers in IT Security, communications and network technology teach on the Masters programmes within the School. These lecturers draw on their cutting edge research to provide students with the most relevant knowledge and expertise to kick-start their careers.
CSCAN Scholarships are currently available on the following programmes:
- MSc Network Systems Engineering (January 2014 start only)
- MSc Computer and Information Security (January 2014 start only)
- MSc Electrical and Electronic Engineering (January 2014 start only)
Criteria for CSCAN International Scholarships
The following general eligibility criteria apply to the CSCAN Scholarships: please note, you do not need to complete an application form for the scholarship – the award is made solely on the basis of your previous academic performance on your undergraduate course.
- English Language – you must achieve an IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each element or an equivalent English Language qualification as listed in the English language entry requirements
- You are an International Student and / or we have told you that you have been classed as an overseas student for fee purposes OR you are a student from the Channel Islands and have been classed for fee purposes as such.
- You are coming to the Plymouth University to join one of the three courses detailed above.
- You are a self-funded student and not in receipt of an official Government, company or any other scholarship.
- You have the required grades or marks from an undergraduate (Bachelor) degree, which is equivalent to a UK Honours degree. Please check the detailed list opposite for the required grades from the undergraduate course offered in your country.
- Your degree is in a relevant subject area such as ; Electronic Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Information Technology, Computing or similar.
- Your fully completed University Application Form must be received no later than Friday 8th November 2013
Country-specific academic criteria
Below are the equivalent grades required from undergraduate (bachelor) degrees taken outside the UK:
- Brunei: 2:1
- China: Prestigious Universities 75% others 80%
- Ghana: minimum 2:1 in relevant bachelor degree
- Hong Kong: B (good) 3.0
- India: Minimum 60% or above
- Indonesia: Strata 1 Sarjana B-3
- Japan: B (70-79%)
- Kuwait: GPA 3.33 or above (out of 4.0). Grading would equate to B+
- Malaysia: Polytechnics B (65% and above); Mara Institute B (3.0-3.99 good); Universities 2:1
- Nigeria: minimum 2:1 in relevant bachelor degree
- Oman: GPA 3.5 or above (out of 4) Pakistan: GPA 3.5 or above (out of 4). 64-75%
- Saudi Arabia: GPA 4.0 or above (out of 5)
- S. Korea: B+ (85-89%) GPA 3.5
- Sri Lanka: 70% and above
- Taiwan: B (70-79%) Average Thailand: B+ (very good) GPA 3.50
- Thailand: B+ (very good) GPA 3.50
- UAE: GPA 3.0 or above (out of 4.0)
- Vietnam: 7.0
For more information, please visit official website: www1.plymouth.ac.uk.
- Postgraduate Research Graduate School Scholarship 2010, the Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Plymouth, UK
- Coastal Impacts of Marine Renewable Energy Studentship, Plymouth University, UK
- Plymouth University CogNovo Research Studentships, UK
- International Student Merit Scholarship, University of Plymouth, UK
- Vice Chancellor’s International Student Scholarship, University of Plymouth, UK
- International Student PGT Scholarship, University of Plymouth, UK
- Postgraduate Studentships in Research of Energy, Environment and Health, UK
- Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students, Georgia College & State University, USA
- International Merit Scholarship for MSc in Human Resource Management, University of Gloucestershire, UK
- Master Scholarships in International Politics, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.