Five Director’s Scholarships, each with a value of £4,000, are awarded to students from any country.
Although applications for scholarships should be made before either 30 April 2011, 31 May 2011 or 30 June 2011, the scholarships will only be awarded to applicants who have firmly accepted their offer through payment of the deposit. Applicants who are unsuccessful in applying for a Leadership Scholarship will be automatically considered for the 31 May 2011 deadline Director’s Scholarships.
Applicants who hold full sponsorships are not eligible for the scholarships.
If an applicant is successful in being awarded a scholarship, but subsequently declines their offer of admission on the MBA programme, the award of the scholarship will be withdrawn and awarded to another applicant.
Applicants should submit a 700 word essay, explaining why they feel they should be awarded a scholarship, and how the scholarship will benefit them.
This essay should accompany their application for the MBA programme.
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and the benefits to the student.
The decision will be made by a committee consisting of Directors and key staff from Admissions.
If you have already sent your application, you are welcome to apply separately. Please email your application with the title ‘Director’s Scholarship’ in the subject matter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure your full name and contact details as stated in your programme application match those on your scholarship application.
The closing date for applications is as follows:
- 30 April 2011 (2 Scholarships awarded)
- 31 May 2011 (2 Scholarships awarded)
- 30 June 2011 (1 Scholarship awarded)
The winners of the scholarships will be announced by the Business School in early June for the 30 April deadline, in early July for the 31 May deadline and in early August for the 30 June deadline. The successful applicants will be invited by the Business School to attend an awards ceremony early on in the programme.
An award may be withdrawn if a student fails to meet the academic standards set by the University.
- Edinburgh Global Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Edinburgh Global Master Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
- The Calum Miller MBA Scholarship, University of Edinburgh, UK
- The Victor H. Loewenstein MBA Scholarship, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Edinburgh Global Undergraduate Mathematics Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
- School of Biological Sciences Taught Postgraduate Bursaries, University of Edinburgh, UK
- MSc Scholarships in Science Communication and Public Engagement, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Undergraduate Scholarships 2010/2011, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Leadership MBA Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
- MSc Scholarships in Carbon Finance, Derek and Maureen Moss, University of Edinburgh, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.