The Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programme provides students with the solid grounding needed for high-quality research in the areas of communication and information. Students have ample opportunities to interact with faculty and researchers while working towards the completion of Ph.D.degree. With high quality supervision from our School’s faculty, the students are provided with well-rounded training and exposure to multi-disciplinary research, thus preparing them for a highly research-intensive career.
Students get to work on the following research areas:
- Communication-related Areas
- Communication Law and Policy
- International and Intercultural Communication
- Health Communication
- Communication Technology
- Media Arts and Cultural Studies
- Marketing Communication and Public Relations
- Journalism and Political Communication
- Information-related Areas
- Library and Information Science
- Information Systems
- Knowledge Management
Scholarship highlights for Ph.D. students:
- An attractive monthly stipend provided and tuition fee waiver for a period of four years
- Monthly stipends range from S$2,000 to S$3,000
- Funding support to attend overseas conferences that covers travel expenses and registration fees
- Start-up grants for your research project
- Overall award is valued between S$31,000 & S$43,000 per year
The minimum requirements for admission for Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme are:
- Good Master’s degree with academic grades of B+ and above or CGPA of 4.00/5.00 and above
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 2nd Class Honours (Upper)
- Bachelor’s degree with 1st Class Honours might be considered for direct entry to PhD programme
- English language competency
- ability to pursue research in the proposed field of advanced study
GRE is not a mandatory requirement for both local and international applicants. An interview will be conducted for applicants who have graduated from overseas universities to assess the applicant’s language competency and potential to pursue independent research.
Applicants whose native language is not English must submit TOEFL or IELTS scores. Test dates must be within 2 years or less from the date of application.
Applications are required to be submitted online, followed by hardcopies of the application form and supporting documents to be sent to NTU’s Graduate Studies Office. More information on admission procedures can be viewed at http://admissions.ntu.edu.sg/graduate/R-Programs/Pages/default.aspx. There are two intakes in the academic year and the closing dates for submission of applications are as follows.
Research Topic and Proposal
A research topic and a 3,000-word research proposal is required upon application. You are free to propose any topic in the fields of communication or information studies. However, because the programme requires that the student works closely with the supervisor, the student should ensure that his or her field of research tallies with the interests of the potential supervisor. You may visit the School’s faculty profiles to find out about the faculty professors’ publications and research interests. You are encouraged to approach individual faculty professor to discuss your research topic and possible supervision. It usually contains the following:
- Statement of research question
- Significance of research question
- Literature review
- References list
Sample of Works
Although it is not required, applicants are encouraged to send in their sample of works, including published or unpublished research, various types of writing, multi-media products, or any other products that could help us assess a candidate.
The Ph.D. programme has two intakes each academic in August and January. The closing date for the August 2013 intake is 31 December 2012, while the closing date for the January 2014 is 31 July 2013.
For further enquiries about the programme, please contact our graduate programmes office at email@example.com.
For more information, please visit official website: www.wkwsci.ntu.edu.sg.
- PhD Scholarships in Membrane Science, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
- NTU-MBA Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Nanyang Fellows MBA Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Singapore MIT Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship, NTU NUS Singapore
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Research in Medical Engineering, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarships (NPGS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
- ASEAN Graduate Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- PhD Studentship, Equatorial Waves and Intra-seasonal Oscillations, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- APEC MBA Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- PhD Scholarships, Ultrafast Optical Spectroscopy, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
I would like, but how lists.
how to get this scholarship ??
how to get this scholarship? and what the name of university?
How can we get it. ?
what should I prepare for a scoolarship to Singapore? and what is the best university there? please answer
How to get this scholar
I’m interested. Please be notified to me, where and how I should take care of its requirements.
i’m Fariz Adlan, From Indonesia
I like NTU, how to get this scholarship in NTU?
thanks, salam Indonesia
I’am very interested. How can i get it???
can you help me,
how can get this scholarship…?????
I’m interested this, but i can’t know how to get this scholarship so please be notified me. Thank you.
Hello im evhiie. From Indonesia. There are s1 for medicine? I’ve graduate d from high school in this year. Thanks.