The Department of Digital Architecture and Planning at Vienna University of Technology, Vienna, Austria (www.tuwien.ac.at/tuwien_home/EN/, www.iemar.tuwien.ac.at) invites applications for two Doctoral Positions for three years (2010-2013). The positions are supported by the Austrian Science Fund FWF (www.fwf.ac.at/en).
The positions are in a small research group which is being established at the Department of Digital Archiecture and Planning. Working language is English. International candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Research work will focus on the design, implementation, and validation of a space model server for ubiquitous computing and building automation applications.
The ideal candidates are self-motivated team players who are interested pursuing their doctoral studies in an emerging, inter-disciplinary research area with high application potential.
Experience in one or more of the following areas is desirable: software engineering, spatial databases, location-based services, distributed systems, building information modeling, building automation.
Candidates should submit a CV and a one page summary of their Master thesis or comparable piece of work in electronic form to:
Applications should be received by May 15, 2010.
Late applications are considered until the positions have been filled.
- PhD Scholarships in Informatics, Vienna PhD School of Informatics, Austria
- International PhD in Biomolecular Technology of Proteins, University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, Austria
- PhD Student in Mathematical Finance / Financial Risk Modelling, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- PhD Scholarships in Architectural Sciences, University of Rome, Italy
- PhD Studentships in Quantitative Methods / Logistics, University of Vienna, Austria
- Postdoctoral on Protein Refolding, Austrian Centre of Industrial Biotechnology, Austria
- MA in Architecture and Cities Scholarship, Kent School of Architecture, University of Kent, UK
- 8 PhD Fellowships in Political Science, Institute for Advanced Studies (IHS), Vienna, Austria
- PhD Scholarships in Finance at Vienna Graduate School of Finance, Austria
- International PhD Program, Max F Perutz Laboratories (MFPL), Vienna Austria