The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of Edinburgh is funding a PhD Scholarship for research projects related to the research interests of Donald Bloxham, Professor of Modern History.
The Scholarship is available for September 2011 entry and is tenable for a maximum of three years, subject to satisfactory progress. It covers payment of UK/EU tuition fees (overseas candidates would be liable for the fee difference between this and the overseas fee). UK/EU fee rate will be set by the Scottish Parliament early in 2011. A maintenance stipend of £12,000 per annum and an annual allowance of £440 for research expenses will also be provided.
Applications will be accepted from suitably qualified applicants entering the first year of doctoral study in session 2011/12. Applicants must be able to demonstrate the relevance of their proposed project to themes within or closely related to Professor Bloxham’s areas of research interest. There are: the study of the perpetration, punishment and representation of genocide and other instances of extreme violence.
See also the school website: Dr. Donald Bloxham
Candidates wishing to apply for this scholarship must first submit an online study application for postgraduate study via the EUCLID system.
Once this has been submitted for consideration, applicants may submit an application for this award using the online application form.
Please note that you will not be able to access the online application form unless you have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh and have full EASE authentication.
Two references, evidence of qualifications and a research proposal are also required to support your application but these will be taken from the EUCLID study application.
The deadline for receipt of applications for this award is 31st May 2011. Late applications will not be accepted. A selection committee will meet as soon as possible after this date and all applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application at the earliest possible opportunity.
Informal enquiries about the award can be made to Professor Bloxham Donald.Bloxham@ed.ac.uk
Inquiries about the application process can be made to Richard Kane Richard.Kane@ed.ac.uk
- MA Scholarships in Modern History, University of Kent, Paris
- Master Scholarships in History, Classics and Archaeology, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Postgraduate Studentships, Centre for the Advanced Study of the Arab World, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Edinburgh Global Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Edinburgh Global Master Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
- George Scott Travelling Scholarship, University of Edinburgh, UK
- The McFarlane PhD Scholarship, University of Edinburgh, UK
- School of Biological Sciences Taught Postgraduate Bursaries, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Edinburgh Global Undergraduate Mathematics Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Leiden Institute for History, Leiden University, Netherlands