The purpose of the e8 scholarship is to support outstanding students pursuing advanced studies in sustainable energy development and to encourage meaningful contributions to the collective body of knowledge about this subject.
The e8 considers an outstanding student to be one
- who graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of her/his class
- who is determined to advance her/his knowledge and understanding
- who has a history of community involvement
- who is committed to sustainable energy
- who is committed to return and contribute to her/his home country
Who is eligible?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, students must
- plan to undertake studies at the Masters level in areas directly related to sustainable energy development
- be citizens of the developing countries and territories identified for OECD official development aid in the DAC List of ODA Recipients effective as of 2006
What are the levels of financial assistance and the duration of the scholarships?
Scholarships of US$ 23,000 per year for up to two years are offered for Masters level students. Up to ten Masters scholarships will be awarded annually.
How can I apply?
Information and the application form can be obtained online by clicking on this link to the Application Forms page.
How do I submit my application package? Although applicants are under no obligation to do so, it is preferable to transmit application packages by EMAIL. As the volume of incoming e-mailed applications is extremely heavy around the deadline, we strongly urge you to submit your file as early as possible. To facilitate processing, please label your attachments as follows:
You may also send your application package by special delivery or regular airmail. Please note that applications that arrive to the e8 GS after the deadline will not be considered.
Please note that if your files are not labeled correctly, they will not be considered.
What will I need for my application?
All applicants must provide:
a) application form fully completed;
b) curriculum vitae;
c) applicant statement
Please attach the form “Applicant’s Statement form – Masters Degree”provided for this purpose. The form may be downloaded from www.e8.org scholarship section.
d) copies of transcripts for degrees and final grades
• Bachelors transcripts
e) letter of acceptance from an approved academic institution to undertake studies in sustainable energy development;
• if your admission is pending, please include evidence that you have applied for admission;
• if your admission has been deferred, please included the university deferral confirmation;
• If this application is for the second year of a two-year programme, please include a certificate of enrollment and your results for the first year.
f) academic reference
Please attach the form ”Masters Academic Reference” provided for this purpose. The form may be downloaded from www.e8.org scholarship section.
g) personal reference, in letter form, must be dated and come from a person (not family member) who can discuss other personal qualities or interest that make you specially qualified to receive the scholarship.
h) proof of citizenship. Refer to the eligibility section above for country eligibility
Please note that any other documents than the ones mentioned above will not be reviewed by the academic panel.
The e8 masters scholarship deadline is March 11, 2011. all documents must arrive by the deadline. All documents arriving after the deadline will not be considered.
How are applications judged?
An Academic Panel consisting of accomplished representatives from Europe, North America and Japan will review the applications. All selections are final and all applicants will be notified.
How will I receive the funds?
Awards will be directly deposited (in US$) into the accounts of the Institution where you are enrolled and provided to you on a regular basis as long as you are making satisfactory progress toward achieving your academic or research requirements.
What are my obligations to the e8 if I am selected?
You are expected to complete your degree or your research, update e8 about your progress and publish your results. You are required to acknowledge the e8 support when publishing or making presentations on your research and results. We may ask you to present your results at an e8 function, in which case your out of pocket expenses incurred to make the presentation will be covered by the e8.
- Master in Forestry Management, Marine Resources Management, Clean Energy, Water and Sanitation, or Climate Change
- Masters Scholarships, Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED), Canada
- Postdoctoral Position, Junior Fellowship Ontario Centre for Engineering and Public Policy (OCEPP), Canada
- The Panasonic Trust Fellowships 2010, UK
- PhD in Sustainable Urban Energy Futures, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- MSc Scholarships in Renewable Energy Science, School for Renewable Energy Science (RES), Iceland
- Summer School on Global Warming and Sustainable Water Management, Germany
- Master Degree Scholarship by USAID, USA
- Master and Doctoral Scholarships for Indonesian Students by Australian Development Scholarships
- PhD Positions in Value-addition of Glycerol into Bio-hydrogen, Canada
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.