International Postgraduate Research scholarships at Edith Cowan University are restricted only to those applicants wishing to commencing their studies in either a Doctoral degree (PhD) or Master by Research.
The EIPRS scheme is both prestigious and highly competitive. Three EIPRS scholarships are offered each year for tenure at Edith Cowan University. The scholarships provide the recipient with tuition fees and health care cover for the duration of their research degree. In addition, each successful EIPRS recipient will be offered an ECU International Stipend (ECUIS) to meet living costs for the same period.
Amount: AUD$25,000 per year (tax free) stipend/living allowance plus tuition fees and overseas health cover paid. Stipend (3 years for a Doctoral degree or up to 2 years for Master by Research)
Method: Electronic funds transfer
- Academic merit, academic qualifications that are equivalent to either an Australian bachelor degree with first class honours or an Australian Master by Research. Qualifications gained outside of Australia will be assessed to determine how they compare to an Australian qualification.
- Research, significant publication record.
- Must meet Edith Cowan University English entry requirements.
- Must meet international student visa requirements as specified by the Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs (DIMA).
- Must not have held an Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the ECU-IPRS.
- May not concurrently receive a faculty scholarship or other major scholarship.
Level of study:
- Higher degree research (including Masters by Research)
- Applicants must provide the original or certified copies of academic documentation, including academic transcripts and proof of completion from any tertiary qualification, except for qualifications completed at Edith Cowan University.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all documentation presented in a foreign language is also accompanied by an authorized English translation.
- An applicant’s research experience will be taken into consideration in the assessment of applications for scholarship. Applicants are required to provide evidence of any research grants received or research that has been published.
- Selection is based on academic merit and research capability within the University’s research strengths. Each application will be assessed against the Scholarship Ranking Scheme.
Application closing date: 31 August 2010
Visit official website.
- International Postgraduate Research Scheme (IPRS), La Trobe University, Australia
- Women’s Services Guild PhD Top-up Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Endeavour Postgraduate Awards for Master and PhD, Australia
- Edith Cowan University Postgraduate Research Scholarship (ECUPRS), Australia
- Endeavour Postgraduate Awards DEEWR, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Prime Minister’s Australia Asia Incoming Postgraduate Award, Australia
- Endeavour Awards from Australian Government
- Vice-Chancellor’s Student Award for Contribution to University Life, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Endeavour Awards 2011, Postgraduate & Postdoctoral Awards by Australian Government
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.