The Endeavour International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (hereafter referred to as IPRS) is funded by the Australian Government and awarded to international students wishing to undertake graduate research degree studies at the University.
Each year the University of Melbourne offers about 40 new IPRSs.
Benefits and conditions
IPRSs cover full tuition fees for each year of the course and the annual Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
Students awarded an IPRS by the University of Melbourne normally receive a MIRS as well which provides a living allowance, thesis allowance and other benefits. Students transferring with an IPRS from other institutions are not guaranteed a MIRS.
To be considered for an IPRS, applicants need to have an unconditional offer of a place in a graduate research degree course (eg. masters by research, PhD or other research doctorate) at the University of Melbourne. Further information concerning the eligibility criteria can be found on in the Conditions Booklet.
Selection will be based on the eligibility criteria and academic merit. Scholarship assessment guidelines, tips for applicants and other funding opportunities may be found on the Scholarships Resources webpage.
Please refer to the How to apply section of the Graduate Research Scholarships website.
Applicants should view the progress of their application at: http://www.services.unimelb.edu.au/scholarships/pgrad/status
Applicants will also be advised via email as soon as an outcome to their scholarship application is determined.
Closing date and timelines
Applicants must submit their online application for admission by 31 August.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their application and all required documents well before the closing date.
For detailed selection timelines, please refer to the table of timelines section of the Graduate Research Scholarships website.
For further information
Please contact the Melbourne Scholarships Office.
- Endeavour Postgraduate Awards for Master and PhD, Australia
- International Postgraduate Research Scheme (IPRS), La Trobe University, Australia
- Prime Minister’s Australia Asia Incoming Postgraduate Award, Australia
- Endeavour Awards from Australian Government
- Endeavour Awards 2011, Postgraduate & Postdoctoral Awards by Australian Government
- Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Melbourne, Australia
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships, University of Western Australia
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS), University of Adelaide, Australia
- Endeavour Postgraduate Awards DEEWR, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia