The Endeavour Postgraduate Awards are managed by the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR). The Endeavour Postgraduate Awards is the Australian Government’s internationally competitive, merit-based scholarship program providing opportunities for citizens of the Asia-Pacific, Middle East, Europe and Americas to undertake study, research and professional development in Australia.
The Endeavour Postgraduate Awards provide financial support for international students for up to three years to undertake a postgraduate qualification at a Masters or PhD level either by coursework or research in any field of study in Australia.
Amount: Total award value up to $AUD173,500 for three years doctoral degree, up to $AUD108,500 for two years master degree
Frequency: at the discretion of DEEWR
Method: at the discretion of DEEWR
- Academic merit, completed an undergraduate degree at the time of application that demonstrates high academic achievement
- International Applicants who wish to apply for the 2011 round must not be living, studying or working in Australia in 2010.
- Endeavour Postgraduate Award applicants must have applied for and gained admission to a Masters or PhD course in Australia.
- Applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency as outlined in the Guidelines and obtained the minimum English language requirements.
- Three referee reports must be submitted on the form provided on the Endeavour Online system. One referee report must be from a supervisor, lecturer or course convenor who is familiar with the applicant’s recent academic performance.
- All Endeavour Postgraduate Award Holders must commence their approved program and Award between January and November 2011. Applicants who have commenced or intend to commence their program at their host organisation in 2010 are ineligible to apply.
- Applicants who completed an Endeavour Award and/or AusAID scholarship in the two calendar years before the current round of the Endeavour Awards are not eligible to apply.
Level of Study:
- Masters courses by coursework
- Higher degree research (including Masters by Research)
Year o fstudy:
- 1st year
- Full-time on-campus
- The Endeavour Award Guidelines should be downloaded and understood before applying.
- Applicants are responsible for ensuring that they have read these guidelines and all documents referred to in the guidelines. Applicants should ensure that their applications meet the eligibility requirements as outlined in the guidelines.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that supporting documentation, including referees reports are submitted by the due date. If supporting documentation is not received or attached to the application by the due date, the application will not be considered.
- Applicants are responsible for all costs incurred in the preparation and lodgment of their applications.
- Health and travel insurance will be provided.
- Additional funds are not available to support accompanying dependants or for return visits to the home country.
- All Award Holders will be required to undergo a police check before their Award is confirmed.
Eligible applicants will be assessed against the following assessment criteria;
- A record of high-level academic achievement in the applicant’s chosen field of study
- A well defined study or research program
- A proposal that is relevant to the needs and interests of Australia and the applicant’s home country
- The applicant’s potential to foster ongoing collaboration and cooperation with Australia and potential to participate at a high level in the academic or wider community in their home country on return from Australia
- Unique achievement or outstanding service in any area that provides a benefit to your community
Application closing date: 31 July 2010
Visit official website.
- Endeavour Awards 2011, Postgraduate & Postdoctoral Awards by Australian Government
- Endeavour Postgraduate Awards for Master and PhD, Australia
- Endeavour International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (EIPRS), Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Endeavour Awards from Australian Government
- Women’s Services Guild PhD Top-up Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Prime Minister’s Australia Asia Incoming Postgraduate Award, Australia
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Edith Cowan University Postgraduate Research Scholarship (ECUPRS), Australia
- Vice-Chancellor’s Student Award for Contribution to University Life, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- FBL Executive Dean’s Postgraduate Research Scholarship (FBLPRS), Edith Cowan University, Australia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.