EXPERTS is a scholarship projects funded by the European Commission targeted at citizens of Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Indonesia, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines, Sri Lanka and Thailand.
In accordance with the EMA2 call, the objective of the EXPERTS project is to facilitate collaborations between Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) from South and Southeast Asia (SSEA) and EU through the exchange of information in science and policy issues while sharing key issues of sustainable development in academic cooperation.
The project provides the following mobility scholarships from South and South-East Asia to European partner universities (Please note- there are no scholarships from EU to SSEA)-
- Undergraduate and graduate students
- PhD students
- Staff (both academic and administrative)
The EXPERTS aims to establish an innovative framework for capacity development of junior faculty staff, undergraduates, postgraduates, and postdoc researchers through training and upgrading their skills in specified fields of study through a scheme of structured mobility.
- In order to be an elegible candidate, you must have not resided nor have carried out your main activity (studies, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of the European countries.
- No student, and no academic staff member can benefit from more than one mobility activity within the same project.
- There are no mobility flows for students and academic staff between institutions in SSEA countries of the partnership. Mobility is only from SSEA countries to Europe.
This project places an emphasis on research and cooperation, establishing collaborative framework for human resource development through training and upgrading the skills of junior faculty staff, undergraduates, postgraduates and postdoc researchers by specified learning objectives in the field of engineering and technology, agricultural sciences, environmental studies, business-management and social sciences. The implementation of individual mobilities, with special emphasis to research initiatives, will provide students from SSEA regions with mobility for a broader choice of opportunities for study experience in EU higher education institutions. We anticipate to further strengthen our cooperation and to develop new areas of cooperation in harmonizing innovative research as well as continuous actions for transparency and comparability between the different HE systems in EU and SSEA countries under EM Action 2. By applying ECTS standards to the exchanges, the transparency and recognition of studies and qualifications will be improved and the know-how on the Bologna process disseminated.
The consortium has chosen to include 4 countries from group A (Bhutan, Bangladesh, Nepal and Pakistan) and 6 countries from group B (China, India, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, the Philippines and Thailand). All together, the consortium consists of 13 universities from SSEA and 7 universities from EU allowing the coverage of as many subject areas as possible. The associates are chosen as they are the network of universities (such as in Asia- SEARCA and in Europe: COIMBRA Group, AGRINATURA), which ensure the effective dissemination of information about the project.
Academic fields of study within the EXPERTS II project:
Main areas of study:
- Agricultural sciences
- Architecture, urban and regional planning
- Business studies and management sciences
- Education and teacher training
- Engineering, technology
- Geography, Geology
- Medical Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences
Other areas of study:
- Physical education and Sport Science
- Peisure Studies
- Home Economics and Nutrition
- Nautical Science and Navigation
Target Group 1
Undergraduate, master and doctorate students, post-doctorates, and academic and administrative staff that contribute to the overall topics of the EXPERTS project in research and cooperation from the partner universities that are participating from SSEA region. The candidate must be registered at the home university at the time of application and in case of undergraduate students- they must have successfully completed at least one year of studies in their home institution.
Targeted mobilities: undergraduate, master, doctorate, post-doctorate and staff (academic & administrative)
Target Group 2
Master, doctorate students, and post-doctorates of non partner universities from SSEA region (concerned by lot 11) and graduates from the partner universities, oriented to the topic of the EXPERTS project in research and cooperation.
Targeted mobilities: master, doctorate and post-doctorate
Target Group 3
Master and doctoral students belonging to minority groups that provide proposals that increase cooperation and research through innovation in their regions will be sought in this category.
Some of the examples may include:
- Candidates having a refugee status or asylum beneficiaries (international or according to the national legislation of one of the European recipient countries);
- Candidates, who have been an object of unjustified expulsion from university on racial, ethnic, religious, political, gender or sexual inclination;
- Candidates, who belong to an indigenous population targeted by a specific national policy or IDPs (Internally Displaced Persons).
Targeted mobilities: master and doctorate
- Only Candidates of the following nationalities are eligible to apply: Bangladesh - Bhutan – China – India – Indonesia – Nepal – Pakistan - Sri Lanka – the Philippines - Thailand
- In order to be an eligible candidate, you must have not resided nor have carried out your main activity (studies, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of the European countries.
- No student, and no academic staff member can benefit from more than one mobility activity within the same project.
- There are no mobility flows for student and academic staff between institutions in SSEA countries of the partnership. Mobility is only from SSEA countries to Europe.
Expected start date- Grantees nominated for the EXPERTS II scholarship in 2012 have to begin their scholarship by 31 December 2012. Exchange Undergraduate and Master Students follow the semester structures of the Host Universities. For timeframes, please refer to the Host Universities’ websites.
List of Documents required:
- Copy of passport or other official identification proof
- Proof of the language of instruction proficiency
- Copy of the most recent academic records-transcripts (current students)
- Copies of the Higher Education certificates or Diplomas obtained prior to the current study (current and former students and Staff)
- Sample of a publication (where relevant)
- At least 2 recommendation letters
- Motivation Letter for each Host University indicated
- Research Proposal (Doctorate and Post Doctorate Candidates only)
- CV (EUROPASS Format)
- For TG3 – proof of vulnerable situation
- For full degree, please refer to the Host Universities‘ websites for details on the programmes‘ application deadlines. Please make sure you respect the EXPERTS II application deadline and separately the Host University specific programme application deadline.
- Language of tuition requirements – a proof of the language of instruction at the Host University has to be presented. In case of exchange Candidates, an official proof of the language skills issued by the Home University is sufficient, whereas degree-seeking Candidates should submit an official and recognized language assessment proof – please refer to the Host Universities’ website or contact the Host University directly for details on the language requirements.
- Doctorate, Post-Doctorate and Staff Candidates are encouraged to establish a communication with respected Host University department, an academic or a research group prior to the application. Letter of Invitation, if obtained, should be attached to the application form.
- Difficult economic situation – Candidates in difficult economic situation are encouraged to inform the Consortium on the situation in the online application, in the motivation letter. A proof of the difficult economic situation may be required.
TG3 Candidates are required to provide the proof of the vulnerable situation in the application form.
Georg-August Universität Göttingen- Coordinator
Ms. Agnieszka Buelens
Göttingen International (GI)
Tel: +49 551 39 22282
Fax: +49 551 39 14254
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
Ms. Vicky Wandels
International Policy Unit
Ms. Violeta Osouchova
Erasmus Mundus Coordinator
Office for International Studies
Komenského nám. 2
602 00 Brno, Czech Republic
Tel: ++420 549 49 5878
Fax: ++420 549 49 1113
Universidad Santiago de Compostela
Ms. Lorena Barbeitio Barciela
15782 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Politecnico di Torino
Ms. Bianca Buttiglione
Department of International Affairs
International Projects and Development Cooperation
Corso Duca degli Abruzzi, 24
10129 Torino, Italy
Fax: + 39 011 090 8644
University of Turku
Ms. Liisa Aho
Fi-20014 Turku, Finland
SE-751 05 Uppsala
Tel: +46 18 471 22 20
Fax: +46 18 471 16 00
South and South-Eastern Asian- Universities
Royal University of Bhutan
Mr. Nima Dukpa
Dean, Students Affairs
College of Science and Technology
PO Box 450, Rinchending
Tel: +975 5 240056
Prof. Dr. Bhadraman Tuladhar
PO Box 6250, Nepal
Prof. Keshab Datt Awasthi
Institute of Forestry
Pokhara Kaski, PO Box 43, Nepal
Tel: +977 61 430026
Dr. Md. Golam Rakkibu
Professor, Forestry and Wood Technology Discipline
Tel: +88 041 720171-3 ext. 2010
Fax: +88 041 731244 (university)
University of the Punjab
Dr. Nadeem Sheikh
Department of Zoology
University of the Punjab
Dr. Vasudha Garde
Ganeshkhind Road, Pune 411007, India
Prof. Navnita Chadha Behera
Department of Political Science
110001 New Delhi, India
University of Peradeniya
Prof. Anoma Abhayaratne
Faculty of Arts
20400 Paradeniya, Sri Lanka
Bogor Agricultural University
Prof. Dr. Anas Miftah Fauzi
Vice Rector for Research and Collaboration
Rectorat Building, IPB Campus
Tel: +62-2 518 622 637
Dr. Somsakdi Tabtimthong
International Affairs Division
50 Phaholyothin Road
Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900, Thailand
Tel: +66-2 942 8171
Fax: +66-2 942 8170
E-mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
(Foreign Relations Office)
Visayas State University
Dr. Victor B. Asio
Professor of Soil Science & Geo-ecology
Dean, College of Agriculture
Baybay City, Leyte 6521-A, Philippines
Office of International Cooperation and Exchanges
Room 101, Shuhua Building / Gulou Campus / 22 Hankou Road / Nanjing 210093
Tel: +86-25 83592606
Fax: +86-25 83307680
University of Science and Technology of China (USTC)
Zhou Zhengkai, Deputy Director/ Lynn Qiu, Programme Officer
Hefei, Anhui 230026
P. R. of China
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 16:00 CET on 10 February 2012
For more information, please visit official website: www.expertsasia.eu.
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships, International Master in Management of IT (IMMIT), Europe
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate Program (EMJD) 2010-2013, Europe
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships 2010 in Robotics, Europe
- Master Scholarship, Erasmus Mundus MACLANDS, Europe
- Erasmus Mundus 2010 MSc Scholarships in Photonics, Europe
- Master Scholarships in European Literary Cultures, Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- European Master on Software Engineering (EMSE), Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- International Masters in Economy, State and Society (IMESS), Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- Master Scholarships in Strategic Project Management, Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- European Master on Work, Organizational, and Personnel Psychology (WOP-P), Erasmus Mundus
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
Hi I am from Azad Kashmir Pakistan. I did DAE electrical and want to apply for Bechler programme. Kindly gauid me can I got scholership or not. I belongs to a poor family. Hope you wi5l help me. Thanks
i am mariyam i did master degree in enviroment resoures (fishery) i am pakistani want to apply for scholarship in master or phd in my study field i am very strong in researching programm i love to work in scientific field pls help me
Sir i m belong to pakistan i m clear my fsc now i want to apply for heigher education but my father did not efort my study so kindly sir help me
Hi I’m muthi from Indonesia, I’m in my senior year of high school now and I’m interested in studying Architecture, am I eligible to apply? Or do I have to be a college student first? Thank you
hi, my name is ayu. im an indonesian. i throught my study in mayor engineering. industrial engineering. i want to undiscovered my engineering mayor. could i apply?
Hi … My name is ruth, what is the minimum age to follow this scholarsip ? Is it possible if I not graduate from college to follow this scholarship ? Thank you.
Hi. I’m sheba from INDONESIA. I am on my study now, landscape architecture. I want to apply for scholarship in phd at germany. ich kann sprechen deutsch. ein bischen. Danke
I’m zuly from Indonesia..i’m psychology students..could i apply for psychology??
Thanks for information please..
i’m tomy from indonesia, i’m very interested to the scholarship. please tell me what should i do. send to my email please… i’m informatic engineer
Hi… i’m Rien from Indonesia, i’m a midwife and now i’m public health students, how to apply scholarship for master public health? help me please, thanks before…
Haii..i’m bilal. I’m biology student of State Islamic University of Jakarta. I’m so curious to know more about this scholarship, i wanna know, there’s any scholarship for the major that concentrated in forestry or environmental studies? Gimme the info about the scholarship yaa..:) thanks
Hey I’m Sabda from Bali, Indonesia. Tell me what should I do for this scholarship. I really want Natural Sciences. There is a test for this? Just email me. I’ll wait you soon. Thank You
Hai, I’m annisa from indonesia. Recently I’m studying chemical engineering and it’s mw last term. I do really want to continue my study to master degree. Can I get the guidance to propose this scholarships? Leave the guidance to my email, I do really appriciate if it does. Thank you. Regards…
hi… I’m anita.. From Indonesia.. I’m very interested in this scholarship, I’m a Midwife, I want to continue my study in master public health, tell me what should Ido..
Just email me… Thank you…
Hi I’m muthia from indonesia , I really intrested with that program , how to apply the scholarship ? Thanks
Hi I’m indonesian student, I’m in second year in study Business Administration on Universty of Indonesia. I interested to study Business studies and management sciences espcially in italy. How do I submit the scolarship?
I’m a woman from Indonesia, one of your targeted countries. I got my bachelor degree of Sarjana Sastra (English Literature) through an award given by Petra Christian University Surabaya and master degree of Magister Pendidikan (English Education) in Palangka Raya University, both in Indonesia. Now I work as a teacher of English in the English Education Study Program, the Language and Art Department, the Faculty of Teacher Training and Education, the University of Palangka Raya, Kalimantan Tengah, INDONESIA. Is teaching English to the foreign students/non-native speakers of English also offered in your program? Where/to which university should I send my application? Thank you.
Hi I’m rifana from indonesia , I really intrested with that program , how to apply the scholarship ? Thanks
Im a Bhutanese and im looking for a scholarship to study more as i have completed my 12 standard and i wanted to know how can i apply
Hi I’m Muhammad Humayun from Pakistan. Recently I did my M.Phil in Physical Chemistry. My M.Phil research is related to Nanoscience & Nanotechnology. My research topic was synthesis and characterization of ZnO based nanohybrid material for photovoltaic applications. Now i’m interested to get a PhD scholarship. I have a strong background in the mention domain but lack practical skills. To achieve this i need well established labs and the supervision of highly reknown scientists, & I believe that these facilities are available in highly advanced countries like yours. therefore, I am fully determine to join your research group and to attain expertise in the mention domain. Kindly help me to avail the scholarship opportunity.
looking forward to hear from you soon!