The EMMC-FIPDes is open to 25 well-motivated students from EU and not EU countries. Applications are open every year from 1st of October to 15th of January.
- Final decision by the EACEA is expected mid-April.
- Candidates who do not fulfill the admission criteria may be informed in early February.
- Candidates who do not fulfil selection criteria may be informed in early March.
- Self/externally-funded candidates are selected in May/June.
Application to the EMMC-FIPDes programme is made with the online application tool.
The following documents must be included in the application:
- Completed application form (using the provided online tool)
- Scan of Passport (with photo, date of expiry and personal details)
- Curriculum Vitae (in European Format, see the Europass Website)
- Letter of Motivation (please indicate at the end of your letter the name, institution and email of two persons who can give us further information about you)
- Copy of BSc-degree or equivalent (Official copy required, certificates older than 2 years will not be accepted)
- Translation of Diploma (if applicable, official translation in English or one of the languages of the Partner Universities)
- Transcripts of academic records (official signed and stamped transcripts with explanation of the grading system, and, if applicable, official translation in English or one of the languages of the Partner Universities)
- Two reference letters (signed and stamped; a form is available on the FIPDes website)
- Proof of English Proficiency (for non-native speakers, at least one of the following : official test results, official University Certificate if English was your medium of Instruction, official certificate (from employer or other as applicable) if you have been resident in an English-speaking country for more than a year)
- Not compulsory: abstract of thesis (summary of thesis you wrote for your BSc/MSc degree)
Please note that incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
Non-EU and EU students can apply for up to three Erasmus Mundus Master Courses each year. However, a student can benefit only once from an Erasmus Mundus scholarship. In the case that the applicant is selected for more than one Master Course, he/she must decide which one he/she wants to follow.
The FIPDes consortium selects the students that meet the following formal admission conditions:
- BSc degree or equivalent degree of at least 180 higher education credits in food science and technology, biotechnology, process engineering, biochemistry or related fields with a number of prerequisites (e.g. chemistry, biotechnology, process technology/engineering, biochemistry, mathematics, statistics) representing at least three years of study from a foreign institute of higher education.
- Grade point average of at minimum 70% of the maximum score.
- English language proficiency level (“B level”, advanced) demonstrated in one of the following ways:
- TOEFL at level 575
- Internet-based TOEFL 90
- IELTS 6.5
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency
- Students with English as their mother tongue
- Students who have completed a higher education degree with English as a medium of instruction
- exemptions can exceptionnally be made for outstanding students with a lower English proficiency level
- Respect of the application deadline.
After verifying the admission criteria, students will be selected based on the following qualitative selection criteria:
- List of subjects taken during the BSc level with grades obtained
- Educational background including the world ranking of the university graduating the student and the grade of qualification obtained
- Some excellence criteria : experience in laboratory work and/or cooking; additional training/ courses/ workshops (which are not a part of a regular study programme); Participation in conferences and/or publishing of papers in peer reviewed scientific journals; international and work experience.
- Signed explanation of your own composition stating why you would like to attend the FIPDes Master programme and how this programme will help you in your work and career
- European format Curriculum Vitae
January 15th: Application deadline for all students
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
Non-EU students can apply for an Erasmus Mundus “category A” scholarship. The scholarships are € 48,000 in total.
- university fees (€16,000 for the two years)
- living expenses (€1,000/month) for 24 months
- travel and installation grant (€8,000 for the two years)
Category A scholarships can be awarded to any student selected by the consortium who fulfills the criteria listed below:
- Students who are not EU residents
- Students who have carried out their main activity (work, study, etc.) for less than a total of 12 months over the last 5 years in the EU.
EU students can apply for an Erasmus Mundus “category B” scholarship.
Non-EU students who have spent more than 12 months in the last five years in Europe are also eligible for an Erasmus Mundus “category B” scholarship. The scholarships are up to 23,000€.
- university fees (8,000€ for the two years)
- living expenses (€500/month) for 24 months
- in the case of mobility in a partner university outside Europe for the M2 thesis, an additional grant of 3,000€ for the mobility and installation costs
The close relationship with several R&D food industries and research institutions makes the curriculum especially designed to take into consideration the needs of potential employers.
A network of extra-European Universities is involved in the FIPDes course to open to the global food issue.
These associate partners contribute to the dissemination of the course inside and outside Europe and propose research training possibilities.
For more information, please visit official website: www.fipdes.eu.
- European Master in Tourism Management (EMTM) Scholarships, Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships, International Master in Management of IT (IMMIT), Europe
- Master Scholarship 2010 in the Science of Animal-Derived Foods, Erasmus Mundus Food of Life, Europe
- Master in Business Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Erasmus Mundus 2010 MSc Scholarships in Photonics, Europe
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate Program (EMJD) 2010-2013, Europe
- Erasmus Mundus MSc Food of Life Scholarships, Europe
- Master Scholarships in European Literary Cultures, Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- Master Scholarships in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- Master Scholarship, Erasmus Mundus MACLANDS, Europe