Europeans are finally eligible for Erasmus Mundus scholarships (max. 20,000 euros) to attend our Master’s course in MathMods (Mathematical Modelling in Engineering: Theory, Numerics, Applications).
MathMods is a two-year Master of Science (MSc) programme (120 ECTS) within 5 European universities, providing students with a cross cultural education while getting acquainted with both theory and applications of mathematical modelling in engineering.
MathMods Consortium is coordinated by the
- University of L’Aquila in Italy (UAQ)
and involves other four leading institutions in Europe:
- Autonomous University of Barcelona in Catalonia (UAB),
- University of Hamburg in Germany (UHH),
- Gdansk University of Technology in Poland (GUT),
- University of Nice - Sophia Antipolis in France (UNSA).
The MathMods Master’s degree course will be given in four semesters. Each semester will total 30 ECTS credits. Mobility scheme will provide for at least two locations. The first year will be common for all students. This will guarantee an equal knowledge platform for all of them. The second year will be divided into five tracks, which reflect the partners’ field of excellence. Students will spend their fourth semester on preparing their Master’s Thesis.
- First semester: Theory (UAQ)
- Second semester: Numerics (at either UNSA or UHH)
- Third semester: Applications (UAB / UHH / UAQ / GUT / UNSA)
- Fourth semester: Thesis (UAB / UHH / UAQ / GUT / UNSA)
The language of the whole course will be exclusively English at each of the five universities. Students will also have to attend a local language course during the semester they are spending in each university partner.
Applicants must have obtained a recognized Bachelor’s Degree (BS, BSc, SB, etc.) – or a degree at the level of a Bachelor’s Degree, for instance its equivalent from a college, university, or technical school of high standing, or 180 ECTS credits in the European system – in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Engineering with a large background in Mathematics.
Visit www.mathmods.eu to get more information and apply online.
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate Program (EMJD) 2010-2013, Europe
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships, International Master in Management of IT (IMMIT), Europe
- Master Scholarship, Erasmus Mundus MACLANDS, Europe
- Erasmus Mundus Master Scholarships, Mathematical Modelling in Engineering, Europe
- Erasmus Mundus 2010 MSc Scholarships in Photonics, Europe
- Erasmus Mundus Master Scholarships in Data Mining and Knowledge Management (EM-DMKM), Europe
- Master Scholarships in European Literary Cultures, Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- Master Scholarships, Color in Informatics and Media Technology (CIMET), Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- European Master on Work, Organizational, and Personnel Psychology (WOP-P), Erasmus Mundus
- European Master on Software Engineering (EMSE), Erasmus Mundus, Europe
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.