The Erasmus Mundus MA in International Performance Research (MAIPR) is aimed at students with a particular interest and/or background in the performing arts, therefore those who may wish to pursue a career in or add value to already existing skills in aspects of arts practice or pursue an academic career through advanced study, perhaps leading to a Ph.D.
The current MAIPR intakes are truly international, made up of students from all continents (except Antartica!) We have students who have entered straight after finishing their undergraduate degrees in performance-related disciplines and others who have worked as directors, choreographers, curators, dancers and actors. You should bear in mind, however, that MAIPR is not a practical training programme. What it will do is help you develop and enhance your theoretical knowledge about performance-related issues, and it will certainly add value to your already existing skills base.
Funded by the European Commission, the MAIPR from autumn 2011 will be offered by four internationally renowned academic institutions: the University of Warwick in the UK; the Universiteit van Amsterdam (the University of Amsterdam) in The Netherlands; the Univerzitet Umetnosti u Beogradu (University of Arts Belgrade) in Serbia; and the Helsingin Yliopisto (the University of Helsinki) in Finland.
Students successfully completing the programme will receive a double degree awarded by the Universities of Warwick, Amsterdam or Arts Belgrade.
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
Erasmus Mundus (EM) Scholarships are funded by the European Commission (EC), under the management of the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA). EM scholarships are awarded to the strongest applicants to the MAIPR programme itself, in accordance with the rules and regulations set by the EACEA.
There are two EM scholarship competitions that are linked to the MAIPR programme itself: Category A and Category B. The competitions are open to MAIPR applicants only and are therefore not available to students applying for other programmes.
The following are the details on the two competitions. Please check carefully to see which competition applies to your own circumstances:
CATEGORY A: € 36 000 (2011-12 grants have now been allocated)
Category A scholarships are aimed at covering all the costs of the programme, therefore fees, travel and living expenses over 16 months:
- 7 scholarships for eligible third-country applicants (therefore those whose nationality and place of abode are outside of the EU/EEA/EFTA area) who have lived, studied and/or worked for LESS THAN a cumulative period of 12 months within the EU/EEA/EFTA area as at 31 January 2011.
- 1 additional scholarship is reserved for an eligible West Balkans and Turkish applicant who has lived, studied and/or worked for LESS THAN a cumulative period of 12 months within the EU/EEA/EFTA area as at 31 January 2011.
After the € 12 000 programme fee has been deducted from the EM scholarship, you will receive € 24 000. This amount is made up as follows:
- € 8 000 travel and installation allowance
- € 16 000 monthly stipend
The above will usually be paid in 16 x monthly instalments of € 1 500. The first payment will be made shortly after arrival at your home university.
category B: € 17 000 (2011-12 grants have now been allocated).
Category B scholarships are considered as financial contributions rather than full scholarships:
- 8 scholarships for eligible EU/EEA/EFTA applicants, also third-country applicants who have lived, studied and/or worked for MORE THAN a cumulative period of 12 months within the EU/EEA/EFTA area as at 31 January 2011.
After the programme fee has been deducted from the EM scholarship, an EU student will receive € 8 000 living allowance a €3 000 travel and installation allowance. This will be paid at a rate of €687.50.
Online application: The best way to apply for the MAIPR programme is online via the University of Warwick, the coordinating institution for the Consortium. Please click-on the following link on-line application form to access the online portal.
For 2012-13, the deadlines will be: 3rd January 2012 (for EM scholarship competition entrants) and 30th April 2012 for all other applicants
If you are offered a place on the MAIPR programme, to make your offer unconditional, you must send the originals of your support documentation THROUGH THE POST to the following address:
Postgraduate Team 6
The Postgraduate Admissions Team
Student Admissions and Recruitment Office
The University of Warwick
NOTE: If you wish to be entered into the 2012-13 EM scholarship competitions, ALL of your support documentation, including both references, must have been received on or by the 3rd January 2012. If your application is incomplete on that date, then regretably we will be unable to put you into the relevant EM scholarship competition. It is therefore vital that you contact your referees to get their references and that you have obtained your transcripts and/or certificates in plenty of time.
For more information, please visit official website: www2.warwick.ac.uk.
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate Program (EMJD) 2010-2013, Europe
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships, International Master in Management of IT (IMMIT), Europe
- European Master on Work, Organizational, and Personnel Psychology (WOP-P), Erasmus Mundus
- Master Scholarships in European Literary Cultures, Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships 2010 in Robotics, Europe
- Master Scholarships in Lifelong Learning (MALLL), Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- Master Scholarship, Erasmus Mundus MACLANDS, Europe
- Erasmus Mundus Master Scholarships in Astronomy and Astrophysics, AstroMundus, Europe
- International Masters in Economy, State and Society (IMESS), Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- Master Scholarships in Strategic Project Management, Erasmus Mundus, Europe
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
give me scholshirp to english…….at litelatur english,iwant to there.there will there way
i want to know, which university in uk have a scholarship, for digital and media study?
im from indonesia, so i want get phd in uk.
please share all information about that to me
please give me schoolarship for study,to be better ok i wait your recommendation.
May I know, which university in netherlands that might support my interest in landscapping for my second degree? Please give me the info about how to get the scholarship at that university and what’s the terms of it. Thank’s for your concern.
I’m an international student in SAMPOERNA ACADEMY PART OF SOUTH SUMATERA SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL, INDONESIA.i’m grade eleven. I want to be recommended as the student which is suitable to get the scholarship in Europe.. I still consider about the faculty. I’ll choose the faculty that related to Art,Music and Design.. I really wanna get the scholarship..