The aim of this program is promoting the Romanian cultural phenomenon in the foreign media. Therefore, the Romanian Cultural Institute awards grants to foreign cultural journalists who submit working projects dealing with the vast and rich area represented by the Romanian culture. Candidates, whose portfolio evidences their constant preoccupation with the Romanian culture, have priority. The documentation and research period takes place in Romania and it has to be ended until December 31st, 2013.
- Deadline for submitting the applications: March 15th, 2013
- Grant’s value: 1 500 euro/person
- ICR awards 10 such grants.
- Length of the grant: one month
Required application papers:
- Application form;
- a copy of the passport or the identity card;
- project’s description, written in English, that will contain around 3 p. written in MS Office (TNR, 12 p, single-spaced);
- articles (translated into English or Romanian)/broadcasts portfolio;
- DVDs containing short-movies, relevant footage in what concerns prior interest in Romania, documentaries (the materials should contain the copyright information);
- Audio CDs containing relevant radio programs, if the candidate considers these elements essential in the evaluation of their experience in the field;
- a number of 20 photographs or a photo album certifying the relevance of the activity of the candidate;
- a reference letter from the management of the publication/radio/TV station/Association or from a professor/collaborator in the case of freelancers that would point out the merits of the candidate.
- a letter of intent (in English language)
The address for submitting the documents:
Institutul Cultural Român, Aleea Alexandru nr. 38, sector 1, Bucuresti, 011 824, Romania.
Coordinator of the Grants Programme
Romanian Cultural Institute
38 Aleea Alexandru,
Sector 1, Bucharest
For more information, please visit official website: www.icr.ro.
- MA and PhD in Cultural Studies at Queen’s University, Canada
- Journalism Fellowship, Southeast Asian Press Alliance (SEAPA), Thailand
- World Press Institute Fellowships for Journalists, USA
- Master Grants, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
- ASEAN-Korean Youths Asian Cross-Cultural Exploration (ACCE) Camp Programme
- Getty Scholar Grants, The Getty Foundation, USA
- Asia Journalism Fellowship, Singapore
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Keimyung University, Korea
- Journalism Fellowship Programme, Reuters Institute, University of Oxford, UK
- Asian Cultural Council Annual Fellowship Grants for Artists
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.