This is a two years Master Programme on software construction organized by a consortium of 4 leading universities. This Programme belongs to the European uni0n Erasmus Mundus Programme, and it is the sole Erasmus Mundus Programme on Software Engineering.
The objective of our `European Masters Course in Software Engineering` (EMSE) is to train software engineers to meet the requirements of international software practice today, offering them an inter-European study programme based on the coordination of the strengths of each of the partner institutions. The partners` institutions have strong relationships with European software companies that guarantee that students of this programme will be able to deal with industry`s current problems.
The EMSE surpasses existing SE postgraduate educational offers in different ways.
From a strategic point of view:
- Enabling students to train in SE with some of the most outstanding European researchers.
- Enabling students to get a broad view of software development in different European countries (note that the EMSE consortium is composed of countries from northern and southern Europe with a view to encouraging the integration of and acquaintance with their different cultures).
From a tactical point of view:
- Providing students with broader educational opportunities than are offered by national masters programmes in the field.
- Allowing students to gather expertise on different working strategies, providing them with two tutors from two different institutions of the consortium.
- Defining a coordinated SE programme agreed by all partners of the consortium that will contribute to defining a `de facto` standard for graduate SE education in Europe.
- The EMSE will provide students with a thorough education comprising both theoretical and practical knowledge that will enable them to tackle and develop software solutions to many problems that they will come up against in their professional career.
Studying at least two universities in Europe (with English as the language of instruction, accompanying language classes in another European language) in multi-national groups will contribute to the student`s preparation for the increasing globalisation of software commerce and industry. The course also prepares the students for follow-up PhD studies provided by the participating partners and others.
Deadline is November 30th, 2009
Applications will be received ONLY through official Online Application Tool (http://emse.grise.upm.es/gema_1012/).
Please DO NOT send your application or any other documents by email or post. They will not be taken into account in the selection process.
More information, visit: http://emse.fi.upm.es/
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships, International Master in Management of IT (IMMIT), Europe
- Master Scholarships in European Literary Cultures, Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- Erasmus Mundus 2010 MSc Scholarships in Photonics, Europe
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate Program (EMJD) 2010-2013, Europe
- Master Scholarship, Erasmus Mundus MACLANDS, Europe
- International Master in Service Engineering (IMSE), Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- Erasmus Mundus Master Scholarships, Mathematical Modelling in Engineering, Europe
- Erasmus Mundus Master Scholarships in Mathematics for Europeans, Europe
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships 2010 in Robotics, Europe
- Erasmus Mundus MSc Scholarship in Ecohydrology, Europe
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.