The Evans Fund, given in the fiftieth year of the Nelson Science Scholarship, is provided by income from a gift received in 1978 from Miss C B (Winsome) Evans and Miss F M (Margaret) Evans in memory of their father, the late Dr W P Evans, a distinguished early graduate of Canterbury College and Head of the Department of Chemistry and Physics at the College from 1903-1906 and Head of the Department of Chemistry 1907-1922.
On the recommendation of the Head of the Department of Chemistry, grants will be made from the Fund each year, to candidates completing a Masters or PhD. degree in the Chemistry Department who incur heavy personal expenses in the pursuit of their research project.
Applications must include full details of expenses incurred and include receipts
Amount : $1,000
Closing Dates : 30 September 2010
Please note that applications forms are only available from approximately 8 weeks ahead of the closing date. For external scholarships, please refer to details on the External Web Site below
Regulations : evans.pdf (pdf, 51.8KB).
Application Form : evans_appl.doc (doc, 119.5KB)
- Evans Drum Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- PhD Scholarship in Structural Chemistry, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- Dennis William Moore Scholarship in Astronomy, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- Microsoft NZ Research Internship Award Programme, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- Patricia Pratt Scholarship in Musical Performance, Massey University, New Zealand
- MA Scholarships, University of Kent, Paris
- Postgraduate Research Scholarship in Mathematics, University of Kent, UK
- Reserve Bank of New Zealand University Scholarships, New Zealand
- Anne van den Ban Scholarship Fund, Masters Scholarships for Students from Developing Country, Wageningen University, Netherlands
- Postgraduate Scholarship in Classical Piano Performance, New Zealand School of Music